PDA

View Full Version : Cal 12mile last thurs

lido76
19-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Myself and fellow af member work2fish went ouut to the 12 mile last thurs (sorry for the late report) we wanted to be on our spot before sun up so left bris at 3am boat was in the water by 4:20 we started heading out and were greated with a 10-15kn sse which made it a very long and uncomfortable run down. However we made it a little later than we wanted but we were there and found some decent shows of fish and started our first drift. Craig pulled a nice parrot first up then to our surprise he managed the hook onto some thing a little larger after a short fight he boated a nice schoolie we found a nice bump and anchored on it and sent out a floater while we were bottom bashing and dumped some burley over. After about 5min the floater took off resulting in a nice little snapp about 3kg (It had a bump on his head so I'm claiming a snapp) or as rhys calls them a squapper. We pulled a few more fish from here including another couple of squapper and another mack also lost a bigger mack pulled the hooks and had knot failure on what may have been another decent snapp. Things shut down after about 8am so we searched around untill just after lunch only managing a few bits and pieces here and there trip back to mooloolaba was much better than the one out there only taking about 25-30 min. I have included some pics from this trip and a couple from thurs before where we managed a few including my first gold spot wrasse. I must also congratulate Craig on his first victory aboard NO BANANAS (my boat) he put me to shame 10/5 well done mate but just remember who put you on the spot. Spiro thanks for the pm

TCSunCoast
19-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Nice work Lido,

It sure fished better in the morning than it did in the afternoon when we were there. We you on the inside or outside edge?

Tony

Vindicator
19-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Gday lido,

Looks like anyone who went out last week enjoyed a bumpy ride. Nice lookin mixed bag. Whats the little one at the top left in the third pic,can't quite make it out. Nice sized wrasse there. Well done.

Cheers
Kezza

-spiro-
19-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Nice looking fish...been waitting to see a report from your last experdition

lido76
20-05-2008, 03:31 AM
T.C- started on the outside and moved into to try and bag out on parrot but things had shut down so we headed home.

Vindicator- I would much rather have been in the boat in you avatar on the trip out but cant complain about old NO BANANAS she gets me out there allbeit a little wet and shaken. The small one in question is a little scorpion cod buggers to handle but taste great.

Spiro- Tried your spot got the snapps. Just north about .5 nm found some really really good ground with good shows but they weren't playing the game have marked them on the gps and will definately be back out to have another crack soon. Did you try the spot I sent you? The photos of the gold spot from last week were from there.

SNAPPAFLICKA
20-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Nice Feed There Good Work.