PDA

View Full Version : Best Route From Bribie To Cape Moreton

Goldfinch
18-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Hey Folks,
Can anyone please tell me what the best route is from Bribie island to Cape Moreton. I have a 6m Haines Hunter so only need 1m depth. Not sure how shallow those sand banks are in between the channels during low tide.

Any GPS plots would be ace.

Blackened
18-05-2008, 04:15 PM
G'day

Run out the passage, north side of gilligans and head through combie corner..... follow 200M off of the northern beach of moreton..... if in doubt, follow the larger charter boats.

Dave

uripper
18-05-2008, 07:26 PM
G'day

Run out the passage, north side of gilligans and head through combie corner..... follow 200M off of the northern beach of moreton..... if in doubt, follow the larger charter boats.

Dave

Ditto , turn the corner, point & go ... for a rig your size its a straight run over multiple shallow banks & deep channels (pic attached) just watch out for mean low tides with big run as can get swirling currents & standup waves on some banks - simple caution really
MalM

SgBFish
18-05-2008, 08:24 PM
The above 2 posts have been spot on.
The only thing I would add is watch the pressure waves past the red to the north-east of Gilligans you will find waves stand up there when there is wind against tide and around the top of the Pearl.
My mark for the Kianga channel is 27.03.000 153.22.000 be careful not to stray too far north of this line as there is a bank to the north of the cannel.
Scott

Angla
18-05-2008, 11:49 PM
You can also keep in close to bribie and then head pretty well straight to Combuyoro. There is just one sandbar that gets shallow as you turn out of the bribie passage and head due east. Then once you clear the end of bribie and are starting to cross open water I arch the boat north about 100 metres over the next nautical mile to miss another shallow bank. Stright from this point to Comby. You can see these banks fairly easily on a day when the water is pretty clear. Just before the top of the run in tide.

Chris

Goldfinch
19-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice. Should save me 20miles each way instead of launching from Port of Brisbane.