PDA

View Full Version : FridayNight Overnighter

jtpython
18-05-2008, 11:37 AM
We left the harbour around 7.30pm for a couple marks east of the harbour to meet up with Rat-catcher for anovernighter with a slight easterly swell we travelled the 60 km to our first mark to get there at 9 pm
Rat-catcher had gotten a couple of fish so we anchered for an hour or so for some nice bottom reefies including lipper and some big hussar.
We moves then to another mark further 10 km out where it was slow with one nice red at 59 cm and a cod couple kg mark. It wwas very slow with few undersized reds and catches of moke that were returned to the ocean quicksmart.
We decided to go further to some marks before Johnsons Patch where Rat catcher achored up and we kept drifting for the next couple hours with some nice catches of red throat and some big catches of just under reds:( and i lost a nice red at the boat where it looked at me and spat the hooks.
About 4 .15 am mate and i headed off for a camp(not together) for an hour
Dawn came with on and off catches of some reef fish .
6 am saw my brother in law turned up in his SEAFOX for a run and was nice to see that boat travel in the water.
After talking to a mate fishing at another mark we moved ith Rat catcher to chase some spano's but we didn't get any on the troll but the boys on Rat-catcher dropped one. We picked up some nice frying Pan Snapper and that was about us then we stopped at one more spot for some more catches of undersized fish and 15 trigger fish to boot and then to home.
Always good to fish with good friends and of course PERFECT weather
JTVcfA6f8rYRY

ifishcq1
18-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Good darts old son

Scott

Vindicator
18-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Nice looking box full there JT. Good size hussar. Well done

Cheers
Kezza

skipalong
18-05-2008, 06:51 PM
excellent asortment

TCSunCoast
18-05-2008, 08:55 PM
JT,

Awsome Hussar and a good Red as well.

Tony

rat_catcher
19-05-2008, 05:26 PM
We left the harbour around 7.30pm for a couple marks east of the harbour to meet up with Rat-catcher for anovernighter.....
Yes it was a good trip and much better when accompanied by another boat for some late night radio chatter to keep the interest up! I will have to start taking a camera so I can post pics and vids too. I do have one pic from when we got home of a monster Cod the next door neighbour's son caught....this pic is him holding it in the front yard......other than that were were not overly happy when we lost the Spaniard at the side of the boat, but it doesn't surprise me as we had swapped the hard bodied minnows for some jet head skirts to chase the tuna and the Spaniard bit through the mono! Now I have to re-rig themwith wire too. JT that 40cm Hussar is a horse for a Hussar! Anyway we got a good feed and had a good time on the water so cannot complain!

jtpython
19-05-2008, 06:36 PM
MAte good friends good weather great relaxation what more can we ask for
JT

rat_catcher
19-05-2008, 08:23 PM
MAte good friends good weather great relaxation what more can we ask for
JT
My sentiments exactly!

polky
20-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Good to see you fellas had a safe trip. Jt done the same bud big red pulled from bottom johson patch but droped at side of boat. There are some big hussar to be caught out there. See you guys at the Hook-up. polky.

Fishbait
23-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Nice Red there too. Looks like a great day having fish in the ice box like that.