PDA

View Full Version : Sphreros or Sealine Bull

davo
17-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm looking at getting a jig outfit but more so in the budget end. I've heard a lot about the Shimano Sphreros with a Blue water upgrade but was also shown a Daiwa Sealine Bull.

The outfit will be running 24Kg.

Also any suggestions on a rod?

diabolical
17-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Monster mesh. pe3-6. 5'8"or 6'3"
I got a 5'8" pe6-8 for $300. Best value rod I have ever bought.

smoked
17-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Both reels are very good. I got the sealine bull 4500 spooled with 30lb super pe, or should i say did have the sealine bull 4500 spooled with 30lb super pe. Got stolen by a bunch of boonie punks at the gold coast seaway last sat morning! I knew they were acting a bit sus! 1 guy watching me fishing while the others raided my gear! Only outfit i didnt rig up cause i thought i didnt need the heavy gear! punks went throught my bag and snaked it on me between 1 -3am! They wanna hope i dont see them there again cause ill cut their balls off with my kershaw knife!!

bimini

dog tooth
17-05-2008, 08:57 PM
I have an upgrader sphreros and it is a great reel, i run 80 lb braid on it and use it for jigging and gt poppping, it is good because you can get a spare spool for a reasonable price.
no falts with the reel

cheers
dog tooth

t4topcat
19-05-2008, 06:40 PM
G'day,
Good to see this thread up and running as I'm looking at purchasing a 4500 Sealine Bull for a trip out to the reef in June on a Charter to flick big plastics and HB's, I'm keen to hear what people think of these reels as they seem to be a tough reel that's within my meager price range (God I wish I could afford a Certate Hyper custom!).

Cheers

Chris

smoked
19-05-2008, 07:04 PM
sealine bulls are a good reel. very strong. only downfall is the weight of the reel. Like a brick, but still a good reel

branzino

diabolical
20-05-2008, 06:20 PM
G'day,
Good to see this thread up and running as I'm looking at purchasing a 4500 Sealine Bull for a trip out to the reef in June on a Charter to flick big plastics and HB's, I'm keen to hear what people think of these reels as they seem to be a tough reel that's within my meager price range (God I wish I could afford a Certate Hyper custom!).

Cheers

Chris

Diawa Capricorn 4500j 9kg drag $285 ,Diawa Exceler Oceano 4500j Same reel couple less bearings so less money, perfect for big plastics.