PDA

View Full Version : winter barra ?

snodger77
17-05-2008, 03:06 PM
hi guys, I'm building my sister's house up in Barnarby lake Awoonga is just around the corner, my boat is with me all tackle ready. However, i was wondering is it possible to get barra in the cooler months as i've had no success so far? I don't want to ask for your spot X but any tips on right path is appreicated :) thanks:)

NAGG
17-05-2008, 03:55 PM
hi guys, I'm building my sister's house up in Barnarby lake Awoonga is just around the corner, my boat is with me all tackle ready. However, i was wondering is it possible to get barra in the cooler months as i've had no success so far? I don't want to ask for your spot X but any tips on right path is appreicated :) thanks:)

Snodger ..... Welcome to the site!
The barra are there all year ..... & have to eat!
Mate ..... It sounds like you could be up there for a while:-/ So my suggestion would be to employ the services of the likes of Rod Harrison , Johnny Mitchell or Jason Wilhelm ...... I mean , hey they are only some of the best ( knowledgeable) barra guides in the country ........ & Awoonga is their playground + they are all Ausfish members8-)

Nagg

BR65
17-05-2008, 07:03 PM
thats what Id do, spend some coin, learn from the best, then try and put that knowledge into practice by myself.
welcome to the site snodger, look forward to reports on cold weather barra fishin

cheers
brian