PDA

View Full Version : Response From Minister For Sustainability

Poodroo
15-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Hello all,
Recently I approached my local MP Hon. Margaret Keech MP with regards to my concerns about EPA and there control over the proposed green zones and the future of our Moreton Bay. Mentioned were things like green zones stopping people from fishing in area where the fish are making it pointless to even bother going out with the family to try fishing. Also mentioned were all the false claims that dugong and turtle deaths as a result of recreational boating strikes were anywhere near as high as what EPA are claiming. I made strong references to the fact that EPA supposedly are making their decisions based on so called scientific surveys and the whole idea of having the green zones in place are purely for the sustainablility but then they approve dredging billions of tonnes of sand out of the bay for the Brisbane Airport runway. My concerns were passed on to the Minister For Sustainability Andrew McNamara MP who sent his reply back via Margaret Keech. I thought I would share this letter on here for all to read especially those who put in the effort at the protest rallies. Personally I think we are all hitting our heads against a brick wall with this lot. You decide.

Regards,

Poodroo

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/McNamaraReplyLetter.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/Poodroo/McNamaraReplyLetterPage2.jpg

beachturkey
15-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't know if this has been removed intentionally, but the reply from Andrew isn't able to be viewed!
What happened??
Alan:-/

Poodroo
15-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't know if this has been removed intentionally, but the reply from Andrew isn't able to be viewed!
What happened??
Alan:-/

Was a glitch in the hosting site. All sorted now.

Poodroo

Tangles
15-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Very interesting reading , especially the bit about 15% green park having 5% rec fishing impact..

so where was the response to the airport? this letter is more about wasnt said

mike

Poodroo
16-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Exactly Mike. He did nothing to cover the things I mentioned at all. This letter basically is set out to justify their decisions to go ahead with the green zones. It's mind over matter. They don't mind and we don't matter.

Poodroo

carpel
16-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Resend your letter with the following pretext .

Thank you for your response, included here . However it would seem this may be a generic response letter generated by your office as none of the concerns or questions in my letter are directly addressed . I would ask that you please re read my letter and respond to it as more than a general enquiry.
Under the EPBC it is the mandate of Parks Management is to insure the sustainability of these resources for the quiet enjoyment of people . As recreational fisherman obeying laws and utilising best practices in regards to environmental impact we are most certainly a user group that requires your attention . As our traditional use of these waters predates the parks inception , more in way of response to my inquiry is only proper and this generic response is inadequate. I ask you again noting, that the public consultation process to these parks requires some due diligence on the part of your office to respond to the specific inquiries of the letter I now re submit for your attention.

carpel
16-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I have thought about this allot in recent times regarding the "boat striking of turtles or dugong " or the death of fisherman off the shore .

There seems to be some inherant cultural bias toward all things Marine. For instance Koalas , kangaroos , qualls or any land dwelling critter get taken by the 100s on roads every night , but this is somehow acceptable collateral damage.

So too people die in the surf almost daily in summer , but if they have a fishing rod in there hands the death is senseless and further proof of a dangerous activity that must be regulated .

The five or so people that were involved in a drunken boating accident that made news headlines for almost an entire week, as apposed to the pedestrians killed on city streets or the carnage on our roads .

It really is a strange phenomena. It predates vote gathering by presenting these pointless expensive color brochures they have named "marine parks" and goes much deeper in the psyche of our culture , It may be tied in with our fear of the sea I am really a little puzzled by it.

This doesnt help much I know , but its good to know what you are up against . Keep fighting the good fight mate .
Just keep at it , and bug the hell out of them I reckon.

pickers
16-05-2008, 02:31 PM
47 turtle strikes in 2007 , does this mean that the turtles went on strike 47 times in 2007 over the b#llsh#t that keeps popping up in the epa paperwork to close off area's of the bay....more than likely as I haven't heard of one strike from anyone in my circles of fellow fishermen.....have you ??...
that reply would be a set format ready to print out at the push of a button.
thanks for coming and voting for me.
so long suckers.
yours truly
your local member....blowjob..blowjob...blowjob

pickers

tiny_tinny
16-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Write back, attach a copy of your original letter, highlight the relevant bits and ask why those points were not answered. Send a copy to the Premier as well. It might not work, but it's worth a try.

mike

CHAPPY
22-05-2008, 06:41 AM
The minister response confirms my grandfathers definition of a politician.

ONE WHO BEFORE THE ELECTION,SHAKES YOUR HAND. AND AFTER THE ELECTION SHAKES YOUR CONFIDENCE.

CHAPPY

PinHead
22-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Firstly I would be sending a letter back to my local member and asking for his/her response and adding that if i wanted a reply from the Minister I would have written to the Minister in the first place...obviously said memebr isn't all that crash hot at her job.

Secondly..we all know we have been banging our heads against the wall...a fait accompli from the word go.

pog mo hoin
22-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Spot on CARPEL, You have highlighted the over reaction of the Australian public which is constantly fueled by the Australian Media, now the media needs its balls re inserted, Bring back Current affair Shows that are not just a Womans mag on the Screen. You are spot on about the Kangaroo's etc. Maybe we need to sensaionalise every Roo strike, Every Toad that is run over every Crow that gets hit by a car......Hang on Crows are too shifty but ya get my point.
Regards