PDA

View Full Version : Hinton4.5S metre

denmor77
14-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Hi All,

I have a Hinton 4.5S metre runabout with a 90 Mariner on the back. I must admit that i have always been hesitant to own a Mariner, but this motor has never missed a beat and is great.

My question is does anyone have any info on the Hinton. i.e open sea, inside only its capabilities, performance and what it was mainly designed for?

I have taken it out into Broken Bay, Flint and Steel etc and performs well. Also the Merimbula Bar.

Appreciate any and all info

Morfy

tunaticer
14-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Pretty rare hull I am thinking seeing your posts are the only ones on the net from australia for this Hinton 4.5S hull.

Do you have a pic or two of the hull?

Jack.

denmor77
14-05-2008, 09:40 PM
yep i do. Will post. It is actually a 4.55S colour is orange with a white bottom. It has a logo of an H with what looks like an eagle through it. Any info on the boat????

denmor77
15-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Here is a couple of pics

Morfy

ozbee
15-05-2008, 05:28 PM
resonable v on the back also looks like bit of reverse chime there bit full in the nose though no worse than some of the best tinnys quite sure it would stand light open water

denmor77
15-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks mate. Dont want to sound to stupid but what is a reverse chime?? also would you take it out in the open sea??

Morfy

denmor77
20-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi all, has anyone got any info at???? someone must have a good idea pics are posted. Need help

Thanks

Noelm
20-05-2008, 03:49 PM
what he meant was reverse chine, it is the very outside edge, where the Bottom meets the side, reverse means it is sort of turned down, makes it a tad more stable and possibly a few other things as well, all you need to remember is, that you have a 4.5 metre Boat, take it out acordingly and you will have no major drama, easily go to close in reef and other spots around your area, Sydney Harbour can get just as rough as the Ocean at times, there is plenty of Boats smaller that yours going "outside"