PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean 32- anybody have one?

BlacknBlue
13-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi Guys, i thought it might be time time to upgrade. Among the choices is a Caribbean 32, late model- does anybody here fish from one?, I had a look at one at the Sydney Boat Show- I'm after something in flybridge with cabins, not too big, late model for game fishing. i'm upgrading from a BW26-
http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=2906380
I'm just after an overall opinion of sea ride, cabin comfort, thoughts on the Cummins 220hp engines etc
thanks wayne

Chimo
14-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi Wayne

An aquanitance / neighbour here on the Gold Coast has one that he and his wife seem happy with. He's been crook but I'll see how how he is in the meanrime.
PM if you want his contact details

Cheers
Chimo

BlacknBlue
14-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks, Chimo- I wouldn't bother him until he is well, still in the process of selling mine, hope to be in a bigger boat for next season. The Car32 looks good except for the small side cabin and maybe a bit underpowered, but I would like to hear an owners perspective
cheers wayne

rat_catcher
14-05-2008, 10:13 PM
The Car32 looks good except for the small side cabin and maybe a bit underpowered, but I would like to hear an owners perspective
cheers wayne
I don't own one, but did look all over one at the Sydney Boatshow with my Missus and she and I both agreed that the cabins are way too small! I would hate to have to live in one for a few days. I think it would be very claustrophobic. I think they have tried to jam too much into too small a space. But that is just my opinion.

I then stepped straight on board a Riviera 33 and it was like night and day. Much more roomy feel inside the Riv. I can't comment on the power though as I didn't take either for a run.

Mate your BW26 looks nice!

BlacknBlue
14-05-2008, 10:30 PM
thanks for the compliment, Rat_Catcher

Keep in mind though the Riv 33 is only single cabin, and has a Riv bottom, after having been caught in nasty conditions, I was glad I had a deep vee hull (type, not the brand name), hence the interest in Caribbean. I wonder if you could extend the side bunk length through the bulkhead and sacrifice a bit of galley cupboard space. The boat at the sydney show i looked at had side bunks that appeared to be only 5ft long! I am looking at keeping costs down by avoiding going to a BW36 or a Caribbean35.

None of the above is meant to bash Rivieras, high dead rise hulls have disadvantages. Many,many people are entirely happy with their Rivs

For those interested, here is a comparison betwen the BW36, Caribbean35 and the Riv37- quite a good read if that's your thing
http://www.bluewatermag.com.au/Life%20Begins%20at%2035.asp

cheers all

rat_catcher
14-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Keep in mind though the Riv 33 is only single cabin, and has a Riv bottom, after having been caught in nasty conditions, I was glad I had a deep vee hull (type, not the brand name), hence the interest in Caribbean.
I absolutely understand there are differences amongst all boats and there is no 'perfect' boat. There are always tradeoffs. You just have to decide what is important to you. However IMHO it doesn't matter how seaworthy a boat is if the cabins are too claustrophobic to sleep in then it isn't worth much.

The Caribbean 35 is tried and true and has a good reputation and from memory doesn't suffer as much from the cramped feeling.