PDA

View Full Version : Minibucksshootout????

joshballinger
13-05-2008, 08:13 PM
has anyone entered the minibucksshootout rounds at borumba before?? there is not all that much info on them i can find do they provide food and what are the prizes like??
cheers

Herby13
14-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Nah but when you find yout mate can you let me no? Thanks.

bassfanatic5
14-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Josh,
I fished the minibucks electric rounds earlier this year for the first time and found them to be an excellent inexpensive comp with great prizes. I will be heading to the bass rounds latter in the year as i have found they have a very friendly atmosphere.

Cheers damien

Pumba
15-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Josh,
I fished 2 of the Bass rounds last year and the 3 electric rounds earlier this year.
They are a great comp- great atmosphere and the teams environment makes it a great weekend.

The restocking group last year put on a feed saturday night and the deer park put on a sausage sizzle at lunch on the saturday and sunday- was tops.

The prizes are probably amoung the best going for the price of the entry fees.

I will definately be fishing the bass rounds again later in the year.

Cheers,
Matt

SWFISHER
15-05-2008, 08:36 AM
And Guys remember this is a not for profit organisation, all profits got ot "CHARITY" cheers Kevin

Awoonga
15-05-2008, 05:59 PM
And Guys remember this is a not for profit organisation, all profits got ot "CHARITY" cheers Kevin tell me more !! Who is this CHARITY ??

DARC
15-05-2008, 08:04 PM
i'd be keen to hear about any charity comps too!

"All for a good cause"

SWFISHER
21-05-2008, 02:54 PM
A little info to date is that most of the info and rules are on the web site as above, in that it is ateams event of up to 60 teams with prizes being awarded down to 20th place. Lots of sponsors are apparently coming on board with minibucks. Mark Hockey is the president of this club and tells me that it appears as though the charity this year is City Care Brisbane, this is an organization for the homeless and drug addicts. I am also led to believe that the Office of Fair Trading is involved in the auditing process. I have spoken to Mark about providing more info on this site and he is getting in touch with the Administrators of Ausfish. Congratulations must go to Mark and his committee, believe me he is very passionate about this and is willing to talk to anyone about it.

Thanks Kevin

Fitzy
21-05-2008, 11:57 PM
No contribution to the fish restocking on the lake these comps are being run on??

A big THUMBS DOWN for any event that does not support the fishery they are using. >:(

Fitzy..

udlman
22-05-2008, 06:05 AM
No contribution to the fish restocking on the lake these comps are being run on??

A big THUMBS DOWN for any event that does not support the fishery they are using. >:(

Fitzy..

Gary, I think you will find that a percentage will be going to the stocking groups. Whatever is left over at the end of the year after all expenses are taken out, will be donated.

I will check with Wayne on this.

No need to slag the comp until you know the facts.

Brad.

SWFISHER
22-05-2008, 11:16 AM
And what about the SIP? Correct me but where in fact does all this money go to particularly when you nominate the likes of Somerset when purchasing your permit.

cheers Kevin

Pumba
22-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Every Minibucks comp I have participated in there has been a nice cheque given to the restocking group for whichever Dam it is being run on.

Matt

warrior
22-05-2008, 05:12 PM
the wife and i have fished the minibucks series and it is great ,extremely well run and the prizes are well worth the effort to get there ,the money is distributed out to all the respective organisations that mark and the commitee have earmarked each year.it is a very social comp as well with some new people to meet each time you go,the deer park is not real big so if you are planning on going book now if you want cabins or vans.

trackka
22-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi Gary, the minibucks fishing club has given a donation to every stocking group where we have held tournaments, it has always been and will always be our direction. Without the stocking groups there would be no comps, so we support you guys 100%. The brisbane valley stocking group has not been contacted as yet, the reason being we have not received approval for the sommerset comp. When we get the go ahead from Sunwater we will contact you regarding the tournament and donations to your stocking group. Cheers Trak. :)

Nobby
22-05-2008, 08:52 PM
::) These mini-bucks comps are great comps i fished all three electrics and the first bream, had a ball and was lucky enough to win a prize and some cash at the bream comp on the weekend. Will be doing some of the other comps too, there a great comp for the price and very well run, great job mini-bucks staff.;D

bassfanatic5
22-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Geez with these sort of question's are we sure that there are actualy prizes given out or are they just trying to rip us off as well.:-/ Nah had a look my prize's are still in the boat.;D ;D Seriously though they are great comps, a big thumbs up to the minibucks fishing club and staff.

Cheers Damien

Sniper
22-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Have to agree with everyone else who has mad positive comments about this series. I personally fished all 6 rounds last year, 3 bream and the 3 bass rounds and had a great time. Also I am fishing all 9 rounds this year. The first 3 bass electric rounds were great, fishing with bassfanatic5. Unfortunately, Damien couldn't make the bream round on the weekend but had a great time, even though the wind didn't cooperate. Would recommend getting your entries in quick as I think there is a max number of teams for the Bass rounds. Also, don't think there are any cabins or caravans left. Sorry, but booked the last one for both rounds on monday.
Its a great comp to meet new people, and catch up with other. Very social and very well run. Hats of to Wayne and Mark and all the guys and girls who run it. Didn't forget to mention you Casey. lol
Also, hats off to all the sponsors who have come on board again for this year.
My 3 cents worth.
Cheers
Bill
Team Sniper

Fitzy
22-05-2008, 09:31 PM
G'Day Wayne,

SEQWater, not Sunwater are the ones to contact with regard to Somerset.

The relevant stocking group is the Somerset & Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Assn. PO Box 541 Ipswich. 4305.

It's great to hear you will be supporting the restocking program :) , some do, some don't.
Your application to SEQWater would carry more weight if you had the support from the correct stocking group. Maybe the cart before the horse, but I'm sure you'll get it approved.

Example; I am planning a Kayak / Conoe only comp on Wivenhoe on September 20 / 21. My first port of call is to S&WFSA to seek endorsement for this event. Then this will accompany any application to SEQWater for the event. Then DPI&F will be informed.

Others,

I will always reserve the right to publicly or privately question, discuss or debate anything that has an impact on a fishery created by the public, for the public, using public monies. I & many others have not busted our butts for close to a couple of decades now to create, manage & maintain a fishery just for a 3rd party to exploit for personal gain. Those comps that support the stocked fisheries are encouraged, those that don't are bludging off the comps that do the right thing & giving them a bad name.
The cross hairs are currently on fishing tournaments on stocked lakes. Complaints have been made to DPI&F from various groups about certain comps. Its great to hear MiniBucks is on the right side if the line...

SIP
Buying a SIP permit just don't cover it. In fact IMHO the SIP system is failing. Some locations are not getting the fish back that are being taken out or killed by poor handling. Fishing torunaments & the associated pre-fishing do impact on fisheries, there is no doubt about that. If a tournament organiser is willing to acknowlege this & take measures to ensure the fishery doesn't go backwards as a result of their event, that's great. There have been event organisers in the past who have pledged money to support the restocking program & gone belly up owing promised support. The fishery is the looser.

I don't appologise for my straight forward approach to the exploitation of man made fisheries. Never will. If the flood gates were to open & nobody was there to keep 'em honest we would have alot more comps (there's too many already on some lakes) doing what they want, when they want.
For the record, ABT are fully endorsed by S&WFSA, as is the Barra & Basstastic. Both of these organisations have had the courtesy to consult with S&WFSA prior to their events & have then supported the restocking program. There are currently no other organisations that enjoy this endorsement. * Considering the immanent correspondance from MiniBucks is expected.

Brad, I did not "Slag the comp". I asked a question (note the question marks) & then I made a statement which I reaffirm.
A big thumbs down for any event that does not support the fishery they are using.
If you wish to apply this to MiniBucks or any other comp series, that's up to you. The statement stands there for all to see, apply it as required. ;)

Cheers,

Fitzy..

the_matrix
23-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Couldnt agree more, well said.
Jas

SWFISHER
23-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Me Too
Cheers Kevin