PDA

View Full Version : US boat sales floundering.

charleville
11-05-2008, 11:49 AM
There have been one or two threads over the past few months about the benefits of importing second hand boats from the USA.

Likewise we have seen one boat builder in Australia lay off 100 staff because US boat sales have stalled for them.

It seems with the US financial woes, the boating sector will continue to suffer a downturn with GE Finance now getting out of boat financing and boat sales generally falling ....

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-boats10-2008may10,0,6445370.story

"The recreational marine business is in the midst of a downturn that is just as stark.

Earlier this month, MarineMax Inc, the nation's largest boat retailer, said its sales in the latest quarter tumbled 28%. Those declines come on top of the 13% decline in powerboat wholesale shipments the industry suffered in 2007,

"Same-store sales of boats have been horrendous," says Marisa Thompson, an analyst at Morningstar."

Maybe, these are good times to be looking at importing cheap boats.

backlash08
11-05-2008, 11:56 AM
yep, and more to come I think, people are really thinking about where they spend, not just in Australia but all around the world
be some bargins around shortly but I thought Kev was going to fix everything?? LOL

regards

Craig

leezor
11-05-2008, 12:00 PM
but I thought Kev was going to fix everything?? LOL

He certainly fixed the younger generation that voted him by jacking up the prices of pre-mix alcahol, great work Kev!!

backlash08
11-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I dont think he will stop with the young ones either!!

kingtin
11-05-2008, 12:46 PM
yep, and more to come I think, people are really thinking about where they spend, not just in Australia but all around the world
be some bargins around shortly but I thought Kev was going to fix everything?? LOL

regards

Craig

Give me time! ;D

kev

ifishcq1
11-05-2008, 05:13 PM
He certainly fixed the younger generation that voted him by jacking up the prices of pre-mix alcahol, great work Kev!!
kev didn't only stop the young binge drinkers he stuffed us old bastards that love jim beam in a tin ...up here it is now 27bucks for a 6pack .... this has nothing to do with the thread up top but we have to pay for the crimes of evrybody else be it under 25s or bloody yanks... they should give the over 25s a rebate on boating, cars and grog.