PDA

View Full Version : Formosa Deluxe 1/2 Cab

rob tranter
11-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi

I'm looking at purchasing a new Boat, has anyone got anything to say about the Formosa 1/2 Cab 5.8m.

They look good value for the money, but I don't have a dealer under 3&1/2 hours drive so a bitch to go and have a bopeep.

Rob T8-)

backlash08
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi Rob,
I've never been in one some cant comment except to say I had a browse over one a year or too ago and the quality seemed to be OK and they appeared to be good value as the price appears to be right. I've seen a number of threads on ausfish that suggest that are a good thing - I'm sure the fans will pop up again!
having said all that, suggest the 3.5hrs will need to happen to judge for yourself
cheers
Craig

backlash08
11-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi Rob, I meant to suggest to have a look at the barcrusher 560C as well, they cost a bit more but are a very solid sea boat, I had one for a few years and was very impressed with its performance for the size - guess it depends on what you want to do with it and how much you would use it?

cheers - Craig

murf
11-05-2008, 08:31 PM
haha Rob is looking at a bigger boat:o ;D

I have been keen on the Formosa as they seem to be value for money

one of the questions to ask is what quality of plate they are using

why do you want the 5.8, its big compared to what you have now, would the 5.5 do? or are you keeping the old girl (boat) for river fishing?

if you want a passenger to go look at one give us a ring

does that meen you will be doing the outer reef trip at Agness this year to show the QLDers how to catch Reds as well as Snapper:)

cheers Murf

tin can marlin
11-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I'am with clee the barcrusher is imo a better thing for a start they have got a self draining floor but haveing said that they are more money. So if you budget can't strech the formosa is not a bad rig for the money. Maybe ring the bar crusher factory as they do direct sales.

rob tranter
12-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Cheers guy's

Thanks for the advice.

I've checked out the Bar Crushers on the net, and I do like them, but budget is the main, so hence the Formosa.

I've also had a look at Black Rat's C/c Formosa and it's a nice boat

Murf only thinking at this stage, but yeh the idea of a night or two on the outer Reef is a HUGE plus, ;D and why I'm looking. The extra 300mm apparently makes a fair difference (according to the Dealer) and the price difference isn't all that much.
Not sure on showing anyone on how to catch anything let alone Reds(not in the mood to bag Q/landers, it's toooooooooo Easey:D :D :D :D )

If I do go for the new boat I Won't be keeping the AllycraftC/C :'(

murf
12-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Black Rats is one of the older versions made from pressed ally so the new plate ones would be better again I would imagine

cheers Murf

Mtx
12-05-2008, 07:54 AM
When I was looking for a new boat, I was dead set sold on the Formosa based on price / features etc - Until I went for a test drive in one.
Seemed to bash around like a small tinny. Not very comfortable imo and that turned me right off them.
Best thing to do though is take one for a test ride before you decide.