PDA

View Full Version : fri night murphys

chinga
10-05-2008, 10:00 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/03052008069
well i thought it might be time to post a thread as i spend most nights with the eyes glued to ausfish..

with the weather finally playin ball, the trusty decki dave and i thought we might spend a few hours on murphys. having only fished it a couple of times before, with average results, we thought we would load up on the home made burley and hopefully trigger a feedin frenzy.

hit the water round 3 pm and after a 20 minute sounding we found a nice show holding on ledge in around 25 m of water.. drop the pick , hung the onion bag over the side with the berley and sent a packed berley bomb for the bottom. couldn raise a bite for the first hour, then zzzzzzzzzzz... well that sound wakes us up and after a great tussle dave has a 6 kilo tuna up beside the boat looking for the gaff.. it was all quiet again for the next half hour so we let out a bit more anchor rope so we could scope a little more ground without loosing our berley trail .. around five ,the kingies showed up and it was on for young and old.. the constant berley trail was paying off.. the next 5 hours saw 4 squire, 1 aj, 7 kingies and 2 couta for the smoker.. we were both bricked a good dozen times by larger specimens and by secondary fish coming in and biting the the swivel making a trail through the phosporous in the water. the malority of fish being caught on floaters drifted down the berley trail , baited with mullet strips, squid and the odd pilli.. all in all we had a great night..;D

by ten we had a feed for us and family and called it a night..
next trip FRASER CLASSIC.. bring it on...
CHINGA..

ps.. can anyone pm me on how to upload photos. i haven been able to get my head round it yet.. chinga

Reel Nauti
10-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Goodonya Chinga! Exciting report and a great time no doubt.

Cheers and thanks

Dave

wesley83
10-05-2008, 11:52 PM
nice report chinga,Awesome catch,and i wouldnt have a bloody clue how to put pictures in a post either.

Dantren
11-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Hey Chinga,

Nice results mate.

Check the help section - it will tellyou how to upload photos.

Dan.

skipalong
11-05-2008, 08:59 PM
nice catch guys will see you at fraser