PDA

View Full Version : Trust

maztez
09-05-2008, 09:28 PM
I cannot believe the trust some people have .Over the past few weeks I have been walking trying to trim down a bit and have seen numerous boats in front yards and on the street with no hitch locking devices . Some have all their rods etc and sounders on display .Ive seen this for the past couple of weeks and so far everything seems to be still there .Maybe times are a changing and going back to the days when nothing was locked up and people respected each others possessions ….One can only wish ..
Cheers Terry

tunaticer
09-05-2008, 09:35 PM
And these people will be the ones that cry loudest when the inevitible happens.

Some of the guys at work that drive company vehicles still cant get it into their heads to take the keys out of the ignition.

The crash repair shop next door lost a vehicle three years ago to a guy walking past and noticing keys in the ignition and the door wide open while in the front of the shed. Still they leave keys in the lock.

They all cry blue bloody murder when it does happen and scream they have been hard done by..........done over by thier own stupidity is the reality tho.

Complacency has no part in reality unfortunately.

Jack.

The_Sloth_man
09-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I grew up in a small town (-800 people) but now live in the big smoke.

I guess i'm still a little too trusting, I only use the basic lock's on my door(when i lock it), I don't close all my windows and put a broom stick in the slides when i go to work.

I often forget to take my keys from the ignition when my GF get's home before me and opens the house

I don't have a pad lock on my garden shead.

and if I had a boat I would properly only only use the minimum securing devices allocated by my insurer.

I'm paying $XXX for new for old insurance, if someone want's my stuff bad enough they will take it, you can't stop them.
they can have my old TV, computer, fishing gear ect ect ect if they wanna smash a window to get in.
I'll just go out and get some brand new gear....thats what i'm paying so much money for anyway.

Just make sure your contract is up to date and the bottom line is more then the money you put out for the goods.

No point stressing and living inside a cell all your life

Poseidon
10-05-2008, 07:07 AM
It can be seen everywhere, as said above no locks on sheds, keys left in ignitions and boats not chained or full of accessories.

Sure, you can rely on the ever faithful insurance company to hopefully pay out however you may find that no locks on sheds, keys in car etc = No payout from insurance.

Insurance companies are getting wiser with claims where negligence is the key factor in the theft via people who couldn't be bothered making any effort to secure belongings.

Often all the security in the world won't stop the 'pay-day advance' brigade sharing in your hard earned toils however a bit of security may divert them to the bloke next door who has the welcome mat on display.

Regards Cameron.