PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Motor Help

Jigsrule
08-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Gday Ausfishos,

Does anyone know of any mobile Yamaha outboard technicians in brissy?
I have noticed recently that our motor has made some unfamiliar noises (hard to explain) when taking off from a stationary position. Also the maximun speed seems to have reduced to 25knots whereas it used to do 30knots. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in advance

Mr__Bean
09-05-2008, 01:25 AM
For a Yammy give this guy a ring:

Wade Wimmers 0437733056.

He provides a mobile outboard mechanic service and has the full Yammy diagnostic tools on his laptop which he connects up to the motor.

- Darren

Jigsrule
09-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks Darren. Very much appreciated mate

LostNearBribie
09-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Not sure where you are mate, but I just had my Yammie serviced at Kratzmans Burpengarry and they did a fantastic job. Motor has never run as well.
I was also noticing a drop in speed and a few "Hicups" here and there.
Plugs looked pretty ordinary when I got them back.

Cheers.

LostNearBribie
09-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Sorry, should note that the ordinary plugs were in a snap lock bag.
Left in the boat to show me how bad they were I reckon...

tin can marlin
11-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Good to hear a dealer puts old parts back in the boat to show you that the work has been carried out and it also show that old gear is worn etc. I haven't heard of a dealer doing this before. Maybe it is a yamaha thing. Also phantom boy i saw a ad in my local paper saying that wynnam marine pick your boat up and drop it back if you are within 15klms of them. Anyway few suggestions for you to look at. Regards Mark

Outsider1
11-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Good to hear a dealer puts old parts back in the boat to show you that the work has been carried out and it also show that old gear is worn etc. I haven't heard of a dealer doing this before. Maybe it is a yamaha thing. Also phantom boy i saw a ad in my local paper saying that wynnam marine pick your boat up and drop it back if you are within 15klms of them. Anyway few suggestions for you to look at. Regards Mark

Wynnum Marine do it, and did so from long before they got the Yamaha dealership. If your service dealer isn't doing it then you need to ask yourself why?. I expect it, simple as that.

Cheers

Dave

tin can marlin
11-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks outsider it is great to hear that most are doing it maybe some car dealers could do the same thing. And i'am with you i expect it as well we pay good money for our motors to be serviced.