PDA

View Full Version : 2 pack for tinny

hooknose
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi there lads , I am repainting an old stacer 4.2m seahawk centre console and from reading a few of the old posts on the subject have decided to go 2 pac. I have never painted a boat before but will give it a bash.
What I would like to know is how much paint do you reckon I will need to paint the tinny inside and out( but not right underneath ) and how much do you reckon it will set me back. Also does 2 light coats of etch primer(light coats) sound about right and should I finish off with a coat of clear over the top to protect the final colour coat. I am on the gold coast.

dreemon
08-05-2008, 07:22 PM
yes Hooknose, a good scrub of the tinny, etch prime , sand, 2 pack a couple of good coats, but no need for clear on a solid colour, if the paint is metalic you will need clear coats over it, on the amount of paint.... prob about 5-7 litres of each part of 2 pack ???, i'm on the goldie too, if you need a hand I've got the guns and compressor and other gear for it , Cheers

Seahorse
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
4 litre 2 pac heaps, plus 2 litre hardener, 4 litres 2 pac thinners.
4 lt superetch primer.
2 coats. only very light sand to get out any shit.
If alley has scratches, superetch will not fill, then 2 pac epoxy.
Costs
Paint Mixed colour white 4 lit $110
Hardener 2 lit $50
Thinner 2 pac 4 lit $30
Super etch 4 lit $45
epoxy 2 pac primer 5 lit kit $65
If you want paint send me a PM.
Shop at Loganholme

Cheers
Greg

hooknose
08-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks a lot guys, dreemon much apreciated mate I should be right but if need be I will give you a yell. Greg I could not have expected such a detailed reply so quick I will pm you and hopefully pick up the gear asap. Once again thanks a lot lads. Cheers !!

ElectricBasser
08-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Sorry hooknose, can't give you any info on the subject. Just wanted to say I lurve you pic of the "captain". Now THAT was a funny cartoon character!