PDA

View Full Version : Toilet issues

Fish Guts
08-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey everyone im wondering if anyone can help me.
I have a jabsco manual toilet system on the boat. it has two options when flushing

1- flush out by pumping also drawing in seawater to get rid of crap.
2- flush out but not drawing in seawater.

ok heres the problem. downloaded a big kahuna in the old girl and she is now blocked :o . i have tried numberous times to unblock by using a plunger but to no avail (2 broken plungers) When i bring the pump handle to the up position (vertical up and down handle, i can hear a heap of pressure building up. (i did a 2 flush job) so its only toilet paper in there now.

i am worried that if i try and dismantle the piping next to the toilet that there could be a potential that heaps of seawater enters the boat. which way should i have the switch when trying to plunge out ?

what are my options ? would a hose work by pushing it out ? is it safe to undue the bolts on the piping with the having the toilet sea cock closed (selecting 2nd option). ?

surely im not the first one ?

in need of advice as heading out tommorw for a cpl days...

cheers

Fish Guts

Homer_Jay
08-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah I have the same one in my boat.

Ummmm.... how do I say this.......

MORE FIBRE IN YOUR DIET!!

Fish Guts
08-05-2008, 05:16 PM
it was an absolute freight train. beside the point. any suggestions ?

Outsider1
08-05-2008, 05:46 PM
it was an absolute freight train. beside the point. any suggestions ?

Ummm,

you might get some responses when everyone has finished rolling on the floor, laughing their whatnots off;D;D;D

But seriously, I would try the hose (there has got to be a line there!::);D).

Dave

Chris53
08-05-2008, 05:46 PM
The only difference between 1 and 2 is that 1 is used to draw in seawater to help carry away the effluent.

When you pull the pump up it sucks the effluent from the bowl and when you push it down it pushes it out the thick waste pipe. I don't think a plunger would allow the pressue to build up and push through the pump to the waste pipe. What I used to do when a log gets stuck in there is add more water to the bowl which will allow you to suck it up in the pump and then force it out through the waste pipe. If there is water in the bowl allready and its not going out it might be a seal on the pump. (there are 2 big black non-return valve/seals in the bottom of the pump. But that can be a messy job:-X

Fish Guts
08-05-2008, 06:09 PM
so a plunger is no good ? could a hose stick in there and push it out ? dont really want to get invovled with dismantling the pipes ect. have a bad feeling it could go pear shaped. would hose pressure blow it out ? would u suggest the handle in the down position if i was going to try and blow it out with the sea cock open obviously. ?

cheers

Fish Guts
08-05-2008, 08:30 PM
air pressure ?

Roughasguts
09-05-2008, 01:59 AM
How about going to Big W or Kmart and finding the chemicals they use in the porta pottis and throw that in your system for what ever time it takes to break down the log then flush it.

mangomick
09-05-2008, 02:55 AM
My God that must have brought a tear to your eye.
I guess the logs gone now and its the paper jamming eveything up.
Unless you've got the yellow pages hanging off a nail on the wall the paper should break down in a few days then flush through.
What would happen if you changed the wiring over to try and run it backwards a bit then try to run it forward straight away.
I'm only guessing. What you need is Kenny. You know the guy who said. "Oh my God theres a smell in here that will out live religion;D ;D ;D

Homer_Jay
09-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Do you know where the block is exactly?

I would pull the plunger assemby off. There is 3 screws at the base and it will lift off. This will give you access to the base pipe. I would say this is where it is blocked as this is the smallest part with the tight bends.
Once it is past that and into the hose it should just push straight out.

Just turn off your sea cocks on the inlet and outlet and you wont have any trouble with water getting into the boat.

And next time keep and old fork handy to break her up before you send her round the bend. (if its that big)

Just be carefull where you leave the fork (unsuspecting people may use it for other purposes!!!

;D

Shagga
09-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Fish Guts, I know your problem is a serious one but I got to tell ya, I have had a great laugh reading this one. Good luck with the freight train mate.

Daamu
09-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Option 1
Turn off the ball valve get a bucket and undo the hose clamp on the back of the toilet. Will only spill a little bit. Get a piece of thick wire (tig wire works well) and make a small hook in the end and shove it right up the pipe.
Option 2
Go to the out side of the boat and put that piece of wire with that hook through the skin fitting and try and pull the blockage out.
Have fun;) ;D
Cheers

Dale

upstart
09-05-2008, 08:14 AM
I had a toilet issue the other day but I just hung me backside over the stern of the tinny and then used a few mangrove leaves for the tidy up. Not ideal but geez I felt better. So if you are in Bunters Ck in Upstart Bay.......watch out!

revs57
09-05-2008, 08:28 AM
ahhh the blind mullet strikes again!!!!

Outsider1
09-05-2008, 09:19 AM
ahhh the blind mullet strikes again!!!!

On a floater or a bottom rig Rhys??;D;D

Cheers

Dave
(TIME)

Didley
09-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Just a thought Fish Guts, if U need to use explosives, take it out off the other side of Moreton, we don't want to bugger up the bay, do we.

Fish Guts
09-05-2008, 10:57 AM
all advise taken on board guys. will let you know the outcome.
much appreciated.

fish guts

Fish Guts
09-05-2008, 04:15 PM
all sorted thanks everyone. dismantled the piping to find the poo ticket backlog.

word of warning for anybody who buggers their toilet, never use one of the air pressure gun devices that are designed to unblock toilets. had a big blowout when using one today. whole cubicle covered top to bottom in a mixture of saltwater/toilet paper. was pretty funny but not the best with these types of toilets. bit like a grenade going off in the toilet but coming straight back at the shooter !

cheers

fish guts

Didley
09-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Congratulations fish guts, that must be a great relief.;D;D;D And thanks for the entertainment, it was the best laugh I've had all day

kingtin
09-05-2008, 04:49 PM
All that buggering about when all you had to do was call The Verminator and he would have supplied you with a couple of live Basa to clear the stuff! ;D

kev

ozbee
09-05-2008, 04:55 PM
next time throw in a few pilchards might soften the load plus a bonus berley trail.

sid_fishes
09-05-2008, 08:19 PM
ben, can i say that a teaspoon or 2 of teflon with dinner might help, mate i haven,t stop pissing myself laughing since i read the thread, thanks ian

Didley
09-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I've been designing an attachment for the boal, made from one of those petrol powered garden mulches U can get from the hardware, as a pre pump reducer. Might make a mess if your well hung, so there would need to be a warning sticker on the dunny wall for visitors Fish Guts.

Fish Guts
09-05-2008, 08:37 PM
i have a heightened respect for port a loo guys. Kenny for PM