PDA

View Full Version : goinin 2 stanage

livysrgo
08-05-2008, 04:13 PM
how you all goin? this is my first post,anyway lookin 4 some tips for fishin stanage bay offshore,have 4.8m top ender.Leaving next friday,went last year not real succsesfull,good trip though.If anyone been recently how,s the track in.

ifishcq1
08-05-2008, 04:27 PM
They were supposed to grade the road by now I dont know if they have you can ring 49393388 and ask the Rocky regional girls .....As for fishing there ask Vonnie at Stanage Bay Marine she has all the good oil, top lady.... If you can't find out pm me over the weekend and I can email you some marks and about the road

livysrgo
08-05-2008, 04:33 PM
thanks, ill see how i go

bigdonk
08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Hay Chris.... good sport fishing there... if you head out to the Islands throw some poppers and slugs near the rocks, eddy current or boiling water you should come up with a few Macks, GT's, Queenies ect... if you got some heavy spin gear take it there ae plenty of GT's up to 50kg. Try the Jew hole just up the river on the change of tide might get a good feed there.... Oh, take the crab pots tasty muddies on the camp fire will go a treat!...
post a report when you get back... good luck!!

Cheers BD8-)

livysrgo
08-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks BD I,ll try that.Hopefully there will be agood report when get back

J2DAG83
10-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Road's shitty take it easy....still only around a 2 hour trip though..good luck... that is unless it's been graded in the last 2 weeks...

skipalong
10-05-2008, 06:08 PM
mate the dirt road in is a mess you cant go very fast

Ripples
11-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi Chris
Its been a long time since we have been up there ,the fishing out wide is excellant.If the weather holds up and it is flat try the western end of Otterbourne Island in close there have been some good reef fish caught in the past.
The mackeral should be around in force soon.
Good luck Ripples

Redfisher
12-05-2008, 05:10 PM
mate i go up there a fair bit as we have a house up there and we went up last week and the road is still shithouse you will have to take it real easy towing a boat up there. we got out one day last trip and just fished around the percy island and managed our bag limit in trout, about 40 grassies and some big red jew.