PDA

View Full Version : DI over night 2/5/08

block
07-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Left Tin Can boat ramp at 6.30am and after a good bar crossing we were soon get some bait. With an esky full of fresh bait the plan was to head out near the shelf to try our luck for some reds and come dark we were going to look for a spot to land some snapper, well that was the plan any way.
We were moving along a 23 nk so I backed off and turned around for a good look and there seemed to be a few fish holding near some growth and a small rise. First drift and a red and pearly come onboard. Ended up with a few more reds and some very nice pearlys before we went out wider.
A mix of parrot, sweetlip, big moses and hussar, gold spot and a red bass were landed till after dark but no more reds. We moved back in a bit to anchor on a spot for the night and hope for a bit at sun rise. Just be for day light the squire come on the bite. With a good catch we headed in for the best bar crossing I have ever seen as the wind had dropped out.

keenfishr
07-05-2008, 03:08 PM
some nice lookin fish mate. well done!! how big was the pearly? cheers!

block
07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
the best pearly went 4.5kg

Vindicator
07-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Nice looking bucket mouth there, jeez those conditions look like an absolute pearler. Nice work.

Cheers
Kezza

skipalong
07-05-2008, 07:08 PM
good looking fish mate that pearlie is a horse great effort

Reefmaster
07-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Good stuff mate It looks like you blokes had a great time. Your really working the joint out now.

How was the current out wide?

Cheers
Greg

cptpott
07-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey Block, that boat has to be a seafarer of some sort. A Victory perhaps?
How do you find her?
What is pushing her along?

Cheers

Craig

Ps Nice fish

block
08-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Greg
There was little current out wide a 9 ball was all that was need.It can be hard to work out witch spot to pick for the afternoon come dark bite[there is so much ground and only get one go at it on a overnighter].I sat it out till 9.00pm then went looking for snapper. Have you been out or are you still working on the new boat, must be time for an update on how it is coming togeather. Would love to have a look at it one day!! I mite even change from the Victroy!!!;D

Craig
Yes the boat GET WET is a Victory. I love it and the only other boat I would like at the moment would be a bigger Seafarer. It has a direct injection 175 Evinrude on the back that goes very well [would love a 225 suik but it all comes down to $$]. Last trip we coved 213km for 175l or 1.2kms/L with 3 man and a box full of fish and ice. Can get 1.6kms/L with 2 people and no fish.
Regards
Dwane

seapup
08-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Gee that pearly looks nice! Were you fishing east or north east of the lighthouse? How deep?

indy
08-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Some nice fish there guy's love the size of the pearlies

cheers pete...