PDA

View Full Version : dramas with e-tec seals?

BUCA T
06-05-2008, 05:35 PM
hey fellas, i have a 50hp e-tec on an old cruise craft rougue. I love the performance and fuel economy of the outfit. The outboard is just over 12 months old and the rubber seal between the cowl and the engine has gone all warped to a point where it isnt sealing properly. I was wondering if anyone out there that has spent some hard earnt on an e-tec has experienced the same drama.

buca t

darkside
06-05-2008, 07:36 PM
No , but i would love to see some pics of the cruise craft !

Shanoss
06-05-2008, 07:41 PM
hey fellas, i have a 50hp e-tec on an old cruise craft rougue. I love the performance and fuel economy of the outfit. The outboard is just over 12 months old and the rubber seal between the cowl and the engine has gone all warped to a point where it isnt sealing properly. I was wondering if anyone out there that has spent some hard earnt on an e-tec has experienced the same drama.

buca t

Perish the thought, and wash your mouth out with soap! "Etec" and "Drama" must never be used in the same sentence on this forum. You've gone and given the crazys a chance to climb out of the woodwork i'm afraid.

disorderly
06-05-2008, 07:45 PM
You've gone and given the crazys a chance to climb out of the woodwork i'm afraid.

Too late... it look's like they already have.....http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif::)

Shanoss
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Too late... it look's like they already have.....http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif::)

Right on cue Scott........::) ;)

hoga
06-05-2008, 08:44 PM
to mutch inox or simula sprays can do it

notsa
06-05-2008, 08:46 PM
BUCA T I have a 90 and the cowl is not a perfect fit but I think the cowl is a bit piss weak .

TimiBoy
07-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Who banned jabba? This would've brought him right out!

BUCA T
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
hey darkside, yeah the old girls ride fairly well for their size. I see some alfoil boats (tinnys) havin a harder time than us when it gets a bit sloppy. The e-tec gives great range when heading out wide. here are some pics ,send me some of your rocket if u get a chance,

buca t

ps just threw in a few pics of some fish that we have slayed in K-OTIC

dont take more than you can eat