PDA

View Full Version : weekend chaos at clontarf ramp

pursuit001
06-05-2008, 04:08 PM
hi guys what a weekend of chaos at the ramp at clontarf took my boat out with the boys for a day tubing hit the water at 9.00am sunday plenty of boats out and about fueled up the etec to just over half a tank done 5 hours of straight driving and towing and came back with half a tank i reckon used approx 15 litres all day ;Darrived back at the boat ramp to find stuff all water to retrieve the boat while waiting in line had one guy with a 16ft half cabin which decided he would play with his rollers on the ramp while myself and 6 others were waiting next up he drives up to the top of the ramp and stops and began putting his straps on when he could of drove to left approx 10 metres where it was the tie up bay . finally hes off next up a guy comes in with his 6.40 trailcraft thought to myself good luck trying to retrieve that bloody thing backs his car down old mate drives her on yells out yep go for it next up his car is bogged at the ramp plus the trailer not one person offered him a hand all sat and watched next up was me back my mates car down winch the boat on go to take off car and boat bogged 8 inches into the mud and the trailer sunk to the guards luckly there was a kind enuff guy who was watching us with a 4wd and offered his assistance to hook our trailer to his 4wd and pull my boat out thanks if your out there mate .
my question is how long is it goin to be before they drege the bloody ramp its shocking deepest point in the channel as you head out through the boys were 1ft .
cheers shane ;D

kingtin
06-05-2008, 04:40 PM
It's less than 6 months since they dredged it.

kev

Dirtysanchez
06-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Crikey Shane. what a shocker!
It was madness at Cabbage tree creek too, 5 boats side by side on a ramp 3 boats wide.. :(
I managed to slip the micro-tinny up the side of the ramp & wait, but we had one guy cursing & carrying on because the webbing on his winch had tangled.. He finally realised he was blocking the way, and for a few minutes he got out of the way and about 4 of us in small boats made good & got the hell out of there!

Better days ahead :)

uripper
06-05-2008, 05:19 PM
It's less than 6 months since they dredged it.

kev

:o :o :o :o

tunaticer
06-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah its the most piss poor effort at maintaning a public ramp and channel I have ever witnessed. I reckon the money that was spent did not all go into wages and fuel costs....there had to be some major syphoning off for that job.

Used to be a good ramp until about 3 yrs ago when it started to silt up.

Jack.

pursuit001
06-05-2008, 05:41 PM
you wouldnt think it bloody shocken there was no water at the ramp wat so ever reached the end of the ramp then 3ft from the ramp was mud then water im just glad i got her out.

Seahorse
06-05-2008, 06:02 PM
i use that ramp at clontarf every weekend. I think it was a .29m low tow and no wonder one gets caught out.
U have to check the tides. No way would i ever come back to any ramp at low tide if it was .29m.
The ramp is a lot better than what it was. I was there couple weeks ago and tide was .45m low and it was low, but got out ok and i got 489 stacer runabout.
I went down there yest arvo, because i new it would be chaos at 3pm and it was.
I came in at 1.30pm only because i knew what the tide was.
I think people should check tides before they go.

MTAQ/BTAQ
06-05-2008, 07:06 PM
I never ever use the Clontarf ramp for an hour either side of low tide - on the other side of the coin the Scarborough ramp is good at any time and also has plenty of parking.

Black_Rat
06-05-2008, 07:36 PM
This was taken about 2 weeks after they dredged it at near dead low tide and I had trouble then 6 months ago. Haven't seen it recently though.

Shanoss
06-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Good to see you worked the "Etec Plug" into that story mate.

mattyd
06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
I would go up the road to the Scarborough ramps everytime. Nice wide berth and never seems too busy when we go out.

Nice deep water to launch into the marina too!

pursuit001
06-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Good to see you worked the "Etec Plug" into that story mate.yeah mate gotta give em a rap bloody great donks;D

pursuit001
06-05-2008, 08:46 PM
This was taken about 2 weeks after they dredged it at near dead low tide and I had trouble then 6 months ago. Haven't seen it recently though.yeah mate great photo looks the same as it was on sunday great job they did .

Fish Guts
06-05-2008, 08:50 PM
:-* i never knew those oz crafts came with 450litre standard fuel tanks.

pursuit001
07-05-2008, 06:11 AM
:-* i never knew those oz crafts came with 450litre standard fuel tanks.your a funny bloke aint you fish gutz 80 litre tank mate im starting to wonder if my fuel gauge is faulty very rarely moves ;D

Blaster Bretty
07-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Crikey Shane. what a shocker!
It was madness at Cabbage tree creek too, 5 boats side by side on a ramp 3 boats wide.. :(
I managed to slip the micro-tinny up the side of the ramp & wait, but we had one guy cursing & carrying on because the webbing on his winch had tangled.. He finally realised he was blocking the way, and for a few minutes he got out of the way and about 4 of us in small boats made good & got the hell out of there!

Better days ahead :)

Yeah mate I too was at cabbage tree for a picnic with the mrs + kids around lunchtime on monday and the ramp was as busy as hell the whole 1 1/2 hrs we were there, I even seen some bloke's launching + retrieving off the side of the boat ramp, 3 cars on the ramp and 2 going down the beach side,"CRIPE'S" I said to the mrs , look at this!!!

Bretty