PDA

View Full Version : Spot X produces a 8 different species haul in one trip!

business class
06-05-2008, 11:35 AM
G'day guys,

Headed out of tweed Friday night, conditions were not to bad though the current was racing. Started fishing at around 5ish, wasn't long before the action started, the bite stayed pretty consistant till around 7ish then the current was getting out of controll. To our amazement we ended up with 8 different species in one outing and in one spot. :o . We came home with 6 snapper, 1 mangrove jack, 3 yellow fin, 1 mac tuna, 3 rainbow runner,4 aj's, 8 yellow tail king fish and 1 silver jew and were bricked at least a dozen times bye who knows what, maybe more jew. The Jack went just over 3kg and the Jew Hit 13.5kg. all the snapper were up to 3kg. Also headed out sat morning and fished in close. very hard fishing as current was racing again. ended up with 5 snapper and 3 spangled emperor all fish were around the 3kg mark. there was alot of fish showing just the current was making life very hard. I am also wondering we have now landed a few jacks in the last couple of trips some that tipped the scales at 7.8kg, has anyone else been catchin these fish lately around Twed as this is the first year ever where we have caught them?

Cheers,

Matty

madman1
06-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Nice work! Those jacks and jew are good chewing!

SummerTrance
06-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Thats some good fishin mate. Top effort!

chief 1
06-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Bait or lure?
Great work

business class
06-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Bait or lure?
Great work
All fish were on bait. i even tried the plastics but the current was a bit strong to even get near the bottom.

chief 1
06-05-2008, 03:55 PM
cheers,i thought so with how bad you said the current was but i wasn't positive

Orange_hains
06-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Nice work i also went out on saturday went out to the 36s early but tooo much wind XD got a few snaps and a maori cod not much lots of little fish

Wouldnt mind knowing on where spot x is = )

did u bottom bash with the bait or what ?

bluefin59
06-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Great mixed bag mate must be a few jew around at the moment as we got three ourselves .matt

halfmanhalffish
08-05-2008, 08:39 AM
My guess matty is that youre fishing the nine mile area or down around the kingscliff pinnacles? Good assortment of fish in the box. I have seen a couple of decent jacks come from the five mile reef last year, you boys seem to be doing well on them however. Are you catching them on your lucky live fibre rod?? Keep up the good work. Fozzy.

business class
08-05-2008, 09:44 AM
My guess matty is that youre fishing the nine mile area or down around the kingscliff pinnacles? Good assortment of fish in the box. I have seen a couple of decent jacks come from the five mile reef last year, you boys seem to be doing well on them however. Are you catching them on your lucky live fibre rod?? Keep up the good work. Fozzy.

Ha ha ha thats not a bad guess at all mate, your very close and it aint nine mile:oops: , i hate that place>:( . And yes for the live fibre question , nearly all my range of rods now are live fibre;D only ablout 4 to go. god bless Wilson:angel: . We have been pretty lucky with the jacks this year but we were bricked on some big fish, we had no chance not even with the 60lb and the m10:stop: . But thats fishing and how fun it is. Have you been out????

benken07
09-05-2008, 11:50 AM
good stuff, looks better than any esky full ive got ;)

halfmanhalffish
11-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Yeah have been doing a little bit lately but not as much as i would like. Other than a 16kg G.T the other day no decent fish to report. Have been picking up a few small snapper on some new plastics but will give the bottom fishing a bit of a nudge now that winter is coming. Had one good trip down towards brunswick with a mate for a box of snaps to about 6kg. Good work with the jew, i'll spend a bit more time chasing them this year myself. Keep up the good work with those rods!!!