PDA

View Full Version : Monday magic @ cal wide

skipalong
05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
hi all it was decided that with the good weather staying around we were heading out, arriving at kawana ramp at 2.30 with many boats already out i knew it must be good, going out was not all that bad out only 7 miles the wind was already up and cloud cover was around,

not looking promising but giving the crew the knews we were going out regardless, moving out we arrived at the firtst mark and sounded around to no avail, the sun was about 20 mins away from peak, it was then a split decision was made to go wider, this was the right move getting the was soon easy with the wind completely gone,

first drop saw a snapper come aboard, and for the next hour the drifts were produceing constant fish, only being lucky eough to land 1 from 4 each drop, but with a nice bag already and the wind peaking up we started to move in and try a few shallower spots a few small tuna landed and a 30kg+ cobe lost at the boat was enough to tired the boys, sowe headed for home with some nice fish

the run back was fairly pleasent but wasnt till we got to the harbour was it rough with all the boat traffic around

this will be my last fishing trip till fraser comp to much to get ready

cheers all till next time

SummerTrance
05-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Sound like a fun day. I think sometime soon im going to have to get out of the bay and get offshore. Always seeing great fish coming in from out there. well done!

skipalong
05-05-2008, 09:01 PM
will post pcs tomorrow

skipalong
05-05-2008, 09:28 PM
a few fish

jtpython
05-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Seems you guys down south have been fishing exceptionaly well of late .
How have the mackeral been ?
Good luck with the frazer too
JT

outsiderskip
06-05-2008, 05:34 AM
nice lot of fish
great day out when u get a feed

pete

jimbo59
06-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Nyce feed there...jim

Legend82
06-05-2008, 05:47 PM
it was a bit windy in the morn eh, certainly not the 5nts they predicted but it did glass of eventually at around 12:30, we were out 9mile hooking into under size pearlies b4 heading out wide only missing the tide change and catching buggerall
ohh well theres always next time

skipalong
06-05-2008, 06:36 PM
we we went around the headland we were about 3 mile out and the wind was already up around 10 - 15 knots but we good intentions we headed out anyway but when we were about 20 mile out it was like someone turned a switch and the wind was 0 knots not a breath

no drift i was getting to the bottom in 85m with no lead and my line was straight down

the mackerel have pretty much shut down so i have resorted to catching the early reef fish ti fill in time

Tassie JR
06-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey skip nice feed, we was heading out to cal wide but changed our mind and headed to the banks and got a good feed of mixed reefies, weather was awsome all day.

cheers tassie JR

Vindicator
06-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Nice feed of pearlies and snaps there skipalong. Would have been fun filleting.

Cheers
Kezza

aerordauto
06-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Great Catch There Skipalong, See You At Fraser, 7meter Shark Cat Cheers Mark, White Upper Green Lower

Jono_SS
06-05-2008, 07:08 PM
nice work! have fun up at the comp.

Just 'cause you've got a fancy new boat doen't meen you aren't expected to catch some spaniards!!!

skipalong
06-05-2008, 07:11 PM
na mate believe it or not i dont eat fish any more had to much when i was youger the both my deckies was their first time theytook all the fish they were that excited they want to go again

skipalong
06-05-2008, 07:16 PM
aerordauto will have to catch up will be going up wednesday morning

jonoss dad was up at fraser on the weekend checking out the beach and gutter conditions and took the fuel up hes wasnt very happy when i told him what i caught, did you want me to bring back any spaniard frames when i go up will be chasing them pretty heavily up on the shoals

Jono_SS
07-05-2008, 06:42 AM
justin.

just take your frames to the guys at the mincer - the other jonathan and a few others should be cutting out otoliths there. they'll also be measuring as many macs/snapper/etc at the boat launching gutter.

how many days before the comp starts are you actually going to head up?

Jono.

skipalong
07-05-2008, 06:59 PM
cool no problems we are heading up wednesday morning their are another 6 and 7 metre boat coming up dad said both indian head and champain pools are going to be a challenge

Az
08-05-2008, 03:07 PM
nice catch guys.. love the pearlies and that is a nice parrot!

skipalong
08-05-2008, 05:09 PM
parrot went over 4kg

Streaker
09-05-2008, 10:55 AM
wel done Jason. we went for a trip on Monday outside. I left a message on your Dads phone but he never called. i was in my mates boat SCAM.
Catch up soon.
Wayne

skipalong
09-05-2008, 06:36 PM
hey wayne its justin sent you pm