PDA

View Full Version : Kings And Other Things

bluefin59
05-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi guys ,well today i went out of the goldie with an old mate of mine on a soft placcie fishing charter and what a day it turned out to be . We left the broadwater at 5.45 am and headed out with 10 customers onboard SEA PROBE CHARTERS with gavin the captain and headed to the 84 mt mark north of the goldie ,there were some good shows on the sounder so down went the 7in pearl white gulps on a 1 1/2 oz jigheads attached to 30lb leader which was attached to 30lb braid on my 4000 daiwa capricorn ,the rod of choise was a wilson live fibre blades n tales series rod in a extra heavy.First pass i hooked up on something solid and this turned out to be a kingie of about 3 kg ,next thing while retrieveing my fish two more hooked up solid on placcies while the bait guys stood there with there mouths open watching the action all around them . We made another 8-10 passes and we had all caught enough kingies their were 30 in the esky myself catching 7 of them . They were all between 3 -5 kg so they are all great eating size ,we then headed in to look for some snapper on some shallower ground north of the pin bar ,the first drift produced nothing but a small trevally so we went back up to start our drit again i had now changed to a 1 oz jighead and a 7in green and white gulp ,while the others were jiging away visciously on there placcies i was concentrating on making sure i was on the bottom and slowly rolling it over the bottom. Next thing you know i have a hell tight line and some monster head shakes thinking i had caught the mother of all snapper i had to work hard to keep it of the bottom after a 10 min tussel it wasn't bumping like a snapper usually does but i was getting some big head shakes as it started to come to the surface the captain called it for a silver jew . Well lo and behold the silver glistening side of a estimated 15kg jew started rising to the surface it was a beauty a new P.B on a placcie for me , before we left my mates son zac also hooked up to one as well and so did another bloke rob ,we did get a few small snapper but i wont talk anymore as it maybe getting a bit boring . At this point i would like to thank my mate EUWAN for inviting me along and GAVIN the captain on SEAPROBE fishing charters and ausfish for supplying enough info for me to be able to get the info i need to catch such magnificent fish also thanks ausfish for the new shirt it works for me its my new lucky shirt i guess ....8-) 8-) ;D ;D ;D matt

Orange_hains
05-05-2008, 08:39 PM
damn nice work! can i borrow that shirt ? lol

Leighton
05-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Great fish Matt, conditions look perfect

bluefin59
05-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah captain conditions were great and that capricorn i got of you worked a treat it is one excellent reel thanks mate and orange haines youcan getone at a bargain price of this site feel free i am thinking of buying another so i always have a clean one ..matt

Poodroo
05-05-2008, 08:52 PM
I noticed that the wife was nowhere to be seen on this trip. Less chances of being out-performed that way huh? Such a fantastic day on the water will give you fond memories for years to come. Well done Matt.

Regards,

Poodroo

jtpython
05-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Good work guys
And the shirts looks good
JT

bluefin59
05-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah poo no wife to show me up today she had to work great news for me mate ...matt

scarby
05-05-2008, 10:08 PM
That's one lucky shirt mate!!! Done well. conditions couldn't have been better by the looks of it.
Scarby.

bluefin59
06-05-2008, 06:30 PM
It was one great day of the goldie yesterday and the fish were a bonus i have enough fillets to feed my whole extended family...matt

BAR UP
06-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Hey Matt, good story. You look pretty pleased with yourself in those pix. I recognise the big feller with the shaved head aswell. You blokes should have been marching & then drinking with the Brothers;) on monday. Have to get myself one of those shirts, Peter.

Frank OO
06-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi Matt, Great result on Plastics. A big Jew is on the to do list and one day I could be lucky.

Well done. PS Nice Shirt!!!

Frank OO

Fishing_Freddy
07-05-2008, 06:22 AM
Good fish on the plastics again, I'm still to land something descent with the plastics but still trying.Nice shirt by the way.
Ken :beer:

Liberty
07-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Great fish. Well done on your bottom technique!

Reel Nauti
07-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Great report and great pics. Must do one of those charters, hope I get weather like you had!

Cheers

Dave

Pistol_P
07-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Some Top Jew on the plastics there boys..!!!:o

Well done to all.

Pete

bluefin59
08-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Thanks for that guys it was one of those days iguess where it all comes together as you hope for ,Yeah pete we should have been at the march but it was worth missing out on a get together with the boys these fish made up for that . Gav from s SEA PROBE on the gold coast his no is 0422443834 he has a good rep and has been doing it for years on the goldie ...matt

Horse
08-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Sounds like a very enjoyable charter with a few very good fish to top it off. well done on the Jewie.

bluefin59
08-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah horse it was fantastic ,i am still buzzing from the excitement and cant wait to get out again this weekend in the bay...matt

Roo
09-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Well done mate, those size kings are fun but don't the jew slog it out hard;D . would have been a very satisfying catch. So how did the bait soakers fare? did they get much if the action? i reckon the plastics charters will soon become the popular thing to do with the odd baito' down the back corner:P ..
Cheers Roo.

bluefin59
09-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah roo these guys are pretty keen to go down that sort of path and yeah the bait soakers were down the back corner of the boat while 2 of us fished of the bow of the boat and 2 were down the back on the other side to the bait soakers . The plastics way out fished the bait i got 6 kings on tthe first 8-9 drifts the baits got a couple and the with the jew it was placcies only ...matt

yellahunter
12-05-2008, 06:40 PM
hey great report mate,
some unreal fish there,

glad i saw this as I have a day on sea probe (chrissy present),
and wondered what it was like.
Im a plastics man in the estuaries but dont have any gear for offshore
do they provide the gear and gulps for plastics....?
or would you have to take your own...?
any tips appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

plaztix
13-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Nice haul there Matt, sounds like a top day, how long was that jew?

bluefin59
13-05-2008, 05:16 PM
I dont know how long he was certainly well over a metre maybe 1400mm but that is only a guess mate i was too excited to worry about it mate all 3 were very similar it just dosent look that way in the photo...matt

vertico
13-05-2008, 06:07 PM
any worms in the fillets bluefin ?

bluefin59
13-05-2008, 06:17 PM
No no worms all 3 fish filleted came up worm free mate

vertico
13-05-2008, 06:20 PM
we got an 18kg and a 12kg jew off the goldy and both were full of worms
very surprising yours werent
sean