PDA

View Full Version : Off Cape Moreton Redemption ! Monday 5/05/08

Black_Rat
05-05-2008, 05:51 PM
I made the call to a couple of mates last Tuesday that Monday was the day for another go off Moreton and thankfully the forecast held. Had 2 on my boat Rooster and Sterlo and again fished with a workmate in his boat.
Fished in 90 – 105 m some 5 – 8 klms east of Cape Moreton at a place my workmate termed “100m ledge” ? Fishing was good with a heap of red colured type fish all over 30cm on board. Not knowing what they where and not fished the depth before we threw back about 8 of them. Curiosity go the better of me and motored over to my mate to find out what they were and he said we were throwing back Pigfish, apparently no to bad on the chew. :hammer:
I was finding it hard to find any show at all while motoring around so upped the sensitivity on the sounder and hey presto there they were ! We had a great drift pattern going with bugger all current pretty much straight down in 90m of water. Over the next 3-4 hours managed to land 5 Pearlies and 6 Pigfish. ;D

About midday we decided to head back via a spot close to the Cape that on the last trip had some good shows in 25m of water. The first drift produced a Squire and something that my mate thought was a snag. It turned out to be a Maori Cod which must have bricked him for a while. Next couple of drifts produced under size Maori Cod and Squire so we left for Bribie in magic conditions all the way back. ;D
It was great to finally get a few this time ! 8-)

lethal098
05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
nice catch guys, we fished shallow tempest and managed a bag out of snapper to biggest 5kg, 3 kg spangled and 2 kg grassie, whta sensational conditions it was, cheers

Tangles
05-05-2008, 06:05 PM
mate, looks like a cracker of a day and nice fish...good the sounders working;D

Bring on Agnes

cheers
mike

Fishbait
05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Nice Work. Some nice Pearlies there too.

skipalong
05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
nice catch fellas

not_drowning_wavin
05-05-2008, 11:03 PM
nice little catch there damo......great looking day too.
mine was spent in the office grrrrrr!!
i jumped on to see if jom has his report up from agnes yet.
the question is though.......did scotty out fish you again? haha

outsiderskip
06-05-2008, 05:22 AM
nice fish
with great conditions

pete

addobaz
06-05-2008, 10:02 AM
great fishing and great conditions. does it get any better?

JustOneMore
06-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Well done Damo!
Sounds like you are starting to suss the area out.
Haven't put my reports up yet as I was spanked last night after spent all morning fishing then had to drive back and do the big clean. Sorting through the photo's and good memories now!!!

Black_Rat
07-05-2008, 09:51 PM
As a side note I made the effort to get fresh bait from the local supplier, with the squid being a hit with the Pearlies and mullet being a hit with the the other fish :)

Chong
07-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Nice one boys, looks like a great day and a feed to top it off. Fresh bait is the way to go Damo.
Cheers