PDA

View Full Version : Awesome trip outside Moreton

Liberty
05-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Well Saturday was a day to remember.

Two guys from Ausfish Frankoo and Ooglie joined Glen and myself for a trip out on Liberty. I have never seen grown men get so excited over trying to out-do the bloke next to them.

Don't remember the tally but we had two Quadruple Hookups and three Triple Hookups.

Left Spinnaker at 4:30 - whose idea was that anyway? Did anyone know its still bloody dark then?

First off near Shallow Tempest for a few quick squire and a decent moses then the bite dropped away so we moved to Plan B - heavy tackle on the shelf.

Were on the way there when we did a short detour to drop some knife jigs on Jurassic Park resulting in our first 4-way and a 3-way hookup. I guess in hindsight that's entirely surprising seeing as it takes a couple of weeks to winch up a fish from the deep! Got a few AJs and mack tuna and lost a couple of lures to some monsters. I thought Frankoo did a commendable effort of trying to give himself a heart attack with some overly vigorous jigging!

;D

With some sore arms we moved out to the shelf to try our luck with a Blue. It blew up to the forecast 20 knots but swell was minimal so it wasn't too bad. We had two hits (one we didn't know about until after) but no hookups. Ah well that's why it's called fishing not catching...

Came back to outside Hutchies and got into some more AJs including another quadruple and a very keen Pearlie which fearlessly took on a jig!

Ended back at Hutchies just before sunset with the chooks out again and this time into some cobia with another triple hookup. Glen got stuck with a final cobia on fairy floss until after dark - we pulled up in the middle of the bay to ring home.

We got back to harbour about 7:00pm all seriously in domestic trouble ... but worth every second.

Brilliant day with brilliant company. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time.

lethal098
05-05-2008, 05:56 PM
nice catch guys well done, bet the arms will feel it for a few days, cheers

Spot82
05-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Some good fish there guys, would have streched the arms a bit on the ambos

nuckle
05-05-2008, 06:13 PM
the pearly certainly ate the jig

reel scream
05-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Well done guys. Sounds like a great day with plenty of laughs. Thats what it's all about hey.

Cheers Scott

Fishbait
05-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Ditto - looks like a great day with some great fish.

Cheers

Darren

jimbo59
05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah a couple of funny guys can make a good day

Jigsrule
05-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Well done fellas. Certainly looked like a day to remember. Those ambos can really get the heart and arms pumpin. Thanks also for the great pics

skipalong
05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
still catcxhing the goods

Liberty
06-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks for all the comments!

There was one less good bit where we recognised that Glen's rod was missing from the gunwhale rod holder on the trip home after sunset.

Much pain involved - especially Frankoo who thought for a few seconds it was his prized Egrell which was missing!

Hey Frankoo what was the reel you were using on the Egrell?

Nigel

ooglie74
06-05-2008, 05:16 PM
I dont know about you guys but my shoulders and arms where a bit tender after a day of jigging and catching those ajs and cobia.
A great day was had pity about the shots at the shelf but the free jumper nigel spotted put a look of fright and disbelief on his face.
These always next time to hookup to a blue.
Good to meet you uncle frank had a ball.

Cheers Troy

Liberty
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
A great day was had pity about the shots at the shelf but the free jumper nigel spotted put a look of fright and disbelief on his face.

I thought that was the splash from a whale landing ... after it had been dropped from Low Earth Orbit.

Joisus that was huge.

:o

I'm very glad Frankoo was on strike!

Frank OO
06-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi Nigel, Troy Glen,

To say that I was excited was an understatement. Saturday was a real education:

1. I now understand what 40 Knots feels like under all conditions
2. I know how hard it is to catch a Blue Marlin
3. I know that I should not compete with boys half my age
4. I know what an Kingy feels like from 145 Meters
5. I know that I can’t see a cobia in the dark when you try to net it
6. I know I felt safe when Cape Moreton disappeared over the horizon
7. I know how hard an AJ can bend the S10H
8. I know how much my arms are still hurting.
9. I know how much trouble I can get into coming home three hours late
10. But most of all I know how much fun I had with a great bunch of real nice blokes…….Thanks again Guys… I LOVED IT!!!!!!!

Nigel, I know you were only hinting that my dearest daughter threw my Saltiga 4500H overboard the day before so the answer to your question is A Capricorn 4500.

Frank OO

Liberty
06-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi Nigel, Troy Glen,

I know you were only hinting that my dearest daughter threw my Saltiga 4500H overboard the day before so the answer to your question is A Capricorn 4500.

Frank OO

LOL!!

I actually forgot that one ... no I was genuinely asking.

Mind you I won't forget the expression on your face when you thought the Egrell had gone swimming ...

;D

Fishing_Freddy
07-05-2008, 06:10 AM
Great report guys, it stories like this one that make the trips worth there wieght in gold. Looks like a great catch and time was had by all,
Well Done
Ken :beer: