PDA

View Full Version : Finally got on the water

Mad-One
05-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Well after buying the Formosa (Darkside) in mid January and only getting a few runs in the rivers and Canals We finally got to go outside today. Mostly haven't been able to get out due to weather,work or the arrival of my twin Grandsons Cooper and Connor. Anyway it was a great day on the water but no fish:'( but that is due to lack of nowledge but that will come. Must say I'm really happy with the way the Formosa performed and has only helped to build my confidence in the boat and myself. Now can't wait to build my nowledge base and catch some fish

Cheers Mad

samsnap
05-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Mad, Congrats looks like a nice boat - I looked at one last year when deciding on a new centre cab myself - what size is it & what type of engine did you put on it. I bought a new centre cab at Christmas & finally got a good Run yesterday out of Bribie - and only caught a Taylor (must have been lost!) I'm in the same situation as you - a huge learning experience isn't it - I have heaps of GPS spots given to me by friends but need the knowledge on how to & what to use where (not to mention the electronics how to - this one I'm bloody hopeless at!)
Cheers Sammy

Mad-One
05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi Sammy...............Boat is 5.5 metres and I put a 115hp 4st Suzuki on it. What did you buy?
I don't have any marks so I 'm abit lost at the moment but we'll get there

Cheers Mad

johnny roger
05-05-2008, 09:08 PM
hey mad,

glad to hear that your enjoying your new boat. i have just bought a new boat as well. it is a Stacer 469 seamaster. it is a bit daunting buying something like that without test driving it! but a couple of guys i have met with stacers say they are a good thing. so lets hope they are right!

Regards,
John.

samsnap
06-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Sorry Mad for the late reply - Its a Stessco 6.25 walk around with a Yammy 115 4 stroke - couldn't afford the extra $6000 for the 150 - goes ok with the 115 just need to prop it right I think. Its enough to get me out to Flinders etc (if I get enough balls up that is!) We had a 5m cuddy before this one & I really like the "walk around" configuration for chasing fishies all over the place. If you go off from scarborough or Bribie Pm me - safety in numbers! I'ts always good to have someone else along/near when trialing new boats
Cheers Sammy