PDA

View Full Version : Off Moreton today

adds31
05-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Departed Toorbul at 320 am for a good run across the paddock and out around the cape to target a few snapps. Had our lines in the drink by 515 and it was on, first squirey snap was about 3 kg's and a few of his mates joined him in the esky within an hour. Bite lasted till about 700 am so we moved on and found some new isolated lumps and bumps for a couple of more nice fish. Had no trouble finding the bottom using a 4 ball sinker in 90 meters of water. Have not seen conditions like it for a long time. Pulled the pin about 930 am and headed for home. Ended up with 7 Squirey snapper around the 2-3kg mark that were nice solid fish for there size and 1 pearly.

Cheers Adds...

Pual44
05-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Nice goin' Adds,
We too were out there from4pm to about 8pm but did not do as well.
Unfortuately our GPS had a spack attack on the way out so we were lucky to get the fish we did as we basically found some reef in about the DT vicinity and hoped for the best.
We managed 4 snapps, biggest about 5kg, got sharked on 2 good fish, 1 trag and 1 pearly, but where we were it really shut down after dark.
But as you say the conditions were something else. Thats my first afternoon fish at DT and I am keen to get another arvo like that and do it all again.
Cheers

adds31
05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
We got sharked also and lost sounder coverage but had gps working just, due to slight corosion in wiring. Kept shorting out when loaded with amps.

Adds...

ALB78
05-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Hey Adam, sounds like a good trip with a nice feed, i went to mud for a couple of trips and came home with a feed of squiry/snapper both trips!!! pretty amusing considering every other report on mud say its fishless at the moment!!!!
cheers Adrian!!!

adds31
05-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Adrian! Knowing when to fish it helps a lot mate. Good to see you are getting a few. Give us a bell when that illusive spare spot comes up on your boat.

Cheers Adds...

skipalong
05-05-2008, 07:40 PM
great fishing mate