PDA

View Full Version : Tweed inshore saturday 03/05/08

Roo
05-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Myself and The Missus(Kim) went out on Saturday. Crossed the tweed bar just after 6am and headed to the close reefs. Bloody awful wind and lots of current in close around 18 fthms. Only one squire to the boat (36cm) and 1 "thing" smoked me into the reef. We found ourselves drifting ESE @ 1.5knots due to strong breeze against the strong current. the one fish came in on a 6" sluggo in black/gold fleck, the smoking was a gulp pogy in a hideous orange colour. I think it was a pelagic of some kind that grabbed it as I was winding it up to re cast. It was Kim's combo too, she had swapped with me because she thought it wasn't getting down deep enough with the 1/2oz jighead and wanted me to see if it was so......she wasn't happy when the "thing" smashed it and started to peel 20lb off at a rate of knots. lost all my 3/4oz jigheads and couldn't effectively fish with only 1/2oz so we moved to fidos but it wasn't much better.
A fair bit of bait and some solid shows on the inshore reefs, just not chewing too hard. On the plus side, Kim tried ET's magic seasick pills.....they actually worked.;D perhaps the seasick hoodoo is lifted, wasn't particularly comfortable out there. she did well.:-*

Cheers Roo.

themissus
05-05-2008, 04:33 PM
yep... me no up chuck!! At last.;)

Hagar
06-05-2008, 10:45 AM
G'day Roo

Monday was much the same - copped the same conditions early as you did . Lots of bait showing but little action . Sea was all over the place . Intended to go wider but bailed . Looked to get better as the day wore on but I was out after a niteshift so the sack was calling . :P :P . Say g'day if you hear me on vhf 73 .

Chris

Orange_hains
06-05-2008, 04:09 PM
haha i think i saw u out around mud hole hagar? = D yea wind picked up really early on saturday. good to see a few people got out and gave it ago on the long weekend

i noticed lots of little bites around aswell roo.