PDA

View Full Version : Poodroo, Black Sheep, Big Ren and Frank OO

Frank OO
05-05-2008, 07:17 AM
I have been a member of AUSFISH for a number of years now and in that time this forum has provided me with some really great information in regards to fishing. When ever I have needed information, there has always been somebody that will help me to find the information required and I would like to thank everyone who has helped me in the past.

One of the main highlights of AUSFISH has been the ability to meet new friends. Yesterday was one of the many opportunities that I had to enjoy the company of three AUSFISH members for a day on the water.

We left Spinnaker Sound Marina at 05:00am and headed straight to Hutchison’s Reef over relatively smooth water. Poodroo was the first to person to land a Snapper with his reel of cotton. Black Sheep soon followed with a small Mauri Cod and a Trevally. An unlucky Spangled Emperor grabbed my Nuclear Chicken and was headed for the table.

The fish were everywhere but didn’t want to play the game so we moved to wider ground. Big Ren and Black Sheep dropped a couple of Knife Jigs over the side and both lines received an instant result. At one stage thought Black Sheep was going over the side but a gentle tug on the back of his shirt made sure that my rod was staying in the boat.

Poodroo wanted to try this game and soon boated his first Amberjack (in one piece). We stayed there for a little while but the “Blowflies” started to crowd around. A quick trip to “Nowhere” and Black Sheep seized the opportunity to show us how to catch a Snapper on a white 7” Gulp.

As much as we would have liked to stay a little longer, it was time to head back for hard work and a few beers to celebrate the day.

Frank OO

seapup
05-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Some nice fish there Frank! Bet the boys were happy after you put them onto the fish!
Cheers,
Benny.

Frank OO
05-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Hi Benny,

We had a great day. I see you had a very successful trip yourself. The Spaniards look great. Good work Mate.

Frank OO

ooglie74
05-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Nice fish frank, did you recover from the saturday adventure?

Roo
05-05-2008, 10:52 AM
nice work Frankoo and friends. nice conditions out there.

Cheers Roo.

mirage
05-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Some good catches around, bottom banging may be light years ahead of the sport fishing this year.

backlash08
05-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Nice going Frank, sounds like agreat trip
cheers
Craig

ffejsmada
05-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Good work Frank, would have been a great session with some top fish!
I bet that Spangly will go nice in the pan!;D

Jeff.

Fixation
05-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey Frank,

Some really good specimens in that lot. Great photos as well. Thanks for the story. Great Work!

Regards,
Craig.

Chris Ryan
05-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Good work fellas.......

Poodroo
05-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks Frank OO again for the great time on the water. Was great to meet both Black Sheep(AKA BCS) and Big Ren(AKA CS). I too am greatful for being a part of the Ausfish community as I have met some fantastic alike minded people through the site. Big Ren and Black Sheep are certainly no exception. Great company and fun to be with on a fishing trip but do not let their looks be deceiving. They would not really be that scary in a dark ally. ::)

Regards,

Poodroo

wags on the water
05-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the report Frank 00. Awesome fish in excelent conditions. Would you mind sharing the jighead weight and sizes?

Cheers,
Wags

Frank OO
05-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi Ooglie74,

I was going to put up a post but I don’t have the photos. I will have to talk to Nigel on Tuesday. My arms were still burning on Sunday morning. Certainly a trip I will never forget. Thanks to you all.

Frank OO

Frank OO
05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi Roo, Kingtin, Wags, Mirage, Clee, ffejsmada (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/member.php?u=29924), Chris Ryan,

Thanks for the replies.

Fixation, Only two weeks to go till Bundaberg and we are all looking forward to the trip. A special thankyou for all the help you have given me in preparation for this trip. I will let you know the results in the near future.

Frank OO

eotbmg
05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Nice work fellas
Didnt break any rods today, throw any spools of line overboard or lose any drag nobs?
Come on fess up what happened the other day????
Ben

ooglie74
05-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi frank mine where to mate let me tell you .
Emailed you some pictures earlier also emailed what I had to nigel.
Talk to you soon.

Cheers Troy

Scalem
05-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Very nice read, Poodroo tells me he had a great time. Not a lot of fish playing ball, but good quality nevertheless. Thanks for the report!!

Scalem

Spot82
05-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Looks like a great day out, good size snapper and spangle, can't wait to see the snapper that are going to be around when it gets colder....

Fishbait
05-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Nice work Frank, Poodroo, BlackSheep and Big Ren. Those plastics work a treat. Some beautiful looking fish there. Cheers mate,
Darren

reel scream
05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Well done Frank and crew. This work caper is really interferring with my fishing.

Cheers Scott

skipalong
05-05-2008, 07:56 PM
nice haul frank

Steve B
05-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Good on ya Frank,

Gettin those barra freaks to go offshore and catch good fish (like you always do) is a great effort. Good on ya boys.

Trying to get that weekend off for Bundy!! I 'll PM you.

cheers Steve

bluefin59
05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Looks like a great day for you guys as well some good eating fish their boys enjoy ..matt

SummerTrance
05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Well done mate, looks like a great day outside! Good work on putting the guys onto some great fish!

revs57
06-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Well done lads, converting people to the dark side again Frank????

Glad the fish were up to play for ya

Cheers

Rhys

Pistol_P
06-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Very nice Frank....

The boys would have been happy.....Thats a very nice yellow lipper.

Pete

Frank OO
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi Rhys,

I think one of the guys had already been a member of the "Dark Side" for quite some time.

Frank OO

Frank OO
06-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi Pete,

The Spangled Emperor weighed in at 5.82Kg and it tasted great last night.

Frank OO

Liberty
06-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Nice Spangled Emperor Frank! Looks like you all had fun.

Big_Ren
06-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Nice work fellas
Didnt break any rods today, throw any spools of line overboard or lose any drag nobs?
Ben

Ben, that rod abusing mate of ours (henceforth now known as The Rod Abuser) did his very best to snap my Loomis in many pieces with a wayward, crude and totally irresponsible casting action;D Fortunately it withstood his attempts at sabotage, perhaps he needs bigger guns to snap a Loomis.;D

Mr Droo, it was also great to meet you.....the resemblance to your uncle from the backside (of your noggin) is uncanny. From one CS to another, it was a top day with good company and plenty of banter. I think we would be a bit scary in a dark alley, but you would not see The Rod Abuser that's for sure.

Rhys....we have been to the dark side and back many times;)

Frank....top trip again, even if the action was a tad slow at times. Thanks heaps.

Cheers
Paul (aka CS)

captain rednut
06-05-2008, 08:05 PM
hi frank
good to see you guys getting into a few the other day, we have had a quiet season billfishing this year and now its all over you will see us bottom bouncing and maybe get a few fish for a change.
cheers jim

The BeaR
06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Frank...

You all look like you had a great day out. Good work, there's some really nice fish in amongst that lot. Great weather, great company and great fish, doesn't get much better than that. Look forward to catching up next week.

Eric&Deb...

Frank OO
06-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi Jim,

That is pretty fancy looking boat of yours. Very impressive. I saw it in the Marina the other day but it looked spectacular when the sun hit all the sparkley bits.

I went out with Liberty on Saturday and received a massive education chasing the Big Blues but it is a long way out when Cape Moreton dissapears over the horizon. Maybe we will have to wait until next year.

Good to see you on the water Jim.

Frank OO

Frank OO
06-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Hi Eric, Deb,
Start polishing your rods and get that fresh water off them. I have a very positive feeling that we might see a few new species coming on board.

It will be great to catch up.

Frank OO

Outsider685
15-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Your 685 looks so new Frank :P Get some blood over the big girl will ya! haha Good fish mate. Especially impressed with the big Snap Snap and Spangle. Whenever you're back and keen to wet a line again, we'll do a tandem shall we? Take care in Bundy mate. Good luck.