PDA

View Full Version : RSA Skippers ticket

wayne bardwell
04-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi Guys dose anyone know if an South African Skippers ticket is recognized here in NSW or will I have to do a new skippers ticket for NSW.

Thanks

Wayne

tunaticer
05-05-2008, 07:42 AM
I would imagine that it would be taken as at least RPL (recognition in prior learning) material and you may be required to sit the tests without going through entire courses again. I have several friends here from overseas who have RPL'ed a variety of certificates to acquire Australian certificates or licences.

Jack.

wayne bardwell
05-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi Jack

thanks for the info I currently hold a 40 nautical mile ticket with night rating and have plenty of experience with surf launching.

Where would I need to go to get the necessary documentation to apply for a NSW ticket and do you do a practical exam as well.

cheers

Wayne

Brumby
07-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Wayne, I can't answer for NSW, but in QLD it was easier to forget trying to convert and just to do the local licence, which is less restrictive anyway. You'll find that they are a lot less involved than your offshore ticket was; anyway it is a good way to get up to speed on the way things are done locally.

Cheers

Carl