PDA

View Full Version : Servicing Reels

Quintrex
04-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi Guys,

I want to service my 2x Diawa Freams Kix 3000's.

It is something that give the amount of reels I now have, it is getting impracticle and expensive to pay others to do it - also the fact that you are without the reels for up to 2-3wks. It will also make it possible to service mid trip as we do several 1-2 weeks trips each yr.

Can you advise the products I will need Ito both clean and grease( it is wet drag) and a few basic pointers on procedure and what to / what not to clean/grease etc.

Thanks

Noelm
05-05-2008, 08:36 AM
almost any reel is well within the average Persons ability to repair/service, first off, you need a good well lit clean work bench, some cleaning rag, a few basic small hand tools (good quality helps) some marine grease or Manufacturers recomended, a small oil can, a container and some solvent plus a tooth brush for washing and a small parts box for bits and pieces and your done, if you feel a bit worried about how it all came to bits, place all parts in a line in the order you took them off and a few digital pix as you go if you are really scared.

Outsider1
05-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Have a look at this thread, particularly Hardb8's posts.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=121191

Cheers

Dave

Quintrex
05-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys - off to the tackle shop for some products and I know what i'm doing for the rest of this public holiday afternoon!

Rodman
05-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Mate

PM me

Ken