PDA

View Full Version : Barwon 2/3-5-08

jimbo59
03-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Dave(sea spirit) and myself set of to the banks friday arvo after a heavy run up the highway to be in the water at 2.00 pm got to the banks and started to look for a few shows but nothing touched out baits.Went to the top end and used a old mark to settle in for the night.A good run of squirey snapper and the usual red thoats with a few spangled and pearlys were caught before a bit of wind made the night uncomfortable.Next day was a different story only a cod and red throat.Got busted of by a couple of mackeral and the bait was gone so we headed for home.Got the old girl airborne on the way home so had to pull it back a few neddys.Got 7 or 8 snapps 2 spangled a cod . nothing to write home about but some thing to encourage you to have a go.

mirage
04-05-2008, 04:21 AM
A decent feed there Jim.

skipalong
04-05-2008, 05:38 AM
nice feed anyway

wags on the water
04-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for sharing your report Jimbo. Good to see you enjoying the conditions ...and the fishing.

Cheers,
Wags

Dean1
04-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Sounds like you had a good trip. Some of us have to work i guess ;D Gotta love the cats mate, how much fuel did you use jimbo if you dont mind me asking? You have suzukis 4's dont you? Just comparing to my 2 strokes, im leaning towards 60 yammies 4's, cheers Deano.

jimbo59
04-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Sounds like you had a good trip. Some of us have to work i guess ;D Gotta love the cats mate, how much fuel did you use jimbo if you dont mind me asking? You have suzukis 4's dont you? Just comparing to my 2 strokes, im leaning towards 60 yammies 4's, cheers Deano.
He dean,Still got ringing in me ears from tunnel slap all night,flattyfinder(adrian) just informed me it was 15 to 20 friday night, boy did they get the forcast wrong.Wayne from s/wood marine says the new zuk 90's are lighter than my 70's so have a look at them before you decide.My old girl used 54 litres a side and that waswith a bit of scouting around too;) ....jim

Dean1
04-05-2008, 07:43 PM
He dean,Still got ringing in me ears from tunnel slap all night,flattyfinder(adrian) just informed me it was 15 to 20 friday night, boy did they get the forcast wrong.Wayne from s/wood marine says the new zuk 90's are lighter than my 70's so have a look at them before you decide.My old girl used 54 litres a side and that waswith a bit of scouting around too;) ....jim Yeah im aware of the new zuks coming out mate, i think there still a fair wack heavier than the yammies but and probably need bigger pods too. The yammies seem the best on fuel economy and there quiet cheap as well. I thought you would have used less fuel than that actually. I normally use about 120 litres (60 ltrs each side) with my two bangers for a northern banks trip. I had my share of tunnel slap last w'end at the banks on an overnighter, a stiff 20kts 1.7m. Thanks for the reply, have to tee up a trip sometime, Deano.

seaspirit
05-05-2008, 09:07 AM
He dean,Still got ringing in me ears from tunnel slap all night,flattyfinder(adrian) just informed me it was 15 to 20 friday night, boy did they get the forcast wrong.Wayne from s/wood marine says the new zuk 90's are lighter than my 70's so have a look at them before you decide.My old girl used 54 litres a side and that waswith a bit of scouting around too;) ....jim

Tunnel SLAP all night,didn't stop me from sleeping though.Those cats are no good at rest with a bit of slop i'll have my MONO;D ANYTIME in those conditions at rest

Fishbait
05-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Nice Snaps