PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed - Knot Failure

Local_Guy
03-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Never had a knot failed on me in my life.... i was using 60lb flurocabon and all i can think of as to why it slipped was that i didn't do enough turns back around the main line with the tag end and it slipped out.

Needless to say, fishing in 15m of water i never saw the fish but i am preety confident as to what it is... I'm going with a Rock Cod in the facinity of 40lb+.

Gear I was using.. TLD25. loaded with 40lb Schneider line, 49kg swivel......

after about a Minute fight where the fish didn't want to come up and me not wanting to give him any line, the fish had it's head down pulling off some drag with enough pressure from the drag itself and my thumb on teh spool to try and stop it from reaching the bottom, when all of a sudden i thought he did me on a rock.

But no... there was just no line left from the swivel down......

Oh well.... A fish that big i would have let go anyway, but to see it would have been nice.

end of the day, we had 1 Hussar, 1 spotty at 70cm, 1 small legal cod, and a 5kg cod on the troll.

was an Awesome day.

jtpython
05-05-2008, 09:14 AM
MAte we have all made a knot stuff up somewheres along the line
One of the main reasons i don't do a bloodknot anymore specially with these low stretch lines thats why i do a Centauri knot now and is a great all round knot for all these small diameter lines
JT