PDA

View Full Version : banking on a good time

bigred77
03-05-2008, 11:40 AM
after being stuck in traffic on the bruce hiway for 3 hrs :'( we finally launched at 2.45pm for a arvo/night fish on the barwon banks. we headed out in lippa's mclay, in awesome conditions and were at the mark in around 45 mins.
no sooner had we dropped the first fish was landed, and squapper arond 50cm.
we drifted till just upon sunset then anchored for a hot dusk bite. with a steady burley trail going and bait boiling around us, the action hotted up!:D fishing the bottom proved useless, and the whole crew switched to floating, number 4 size sinker and 3 gang 5/0 tru-turns with swivels in betwen, i nailed a good snap going around 3-4kg, whilst lippa was caneing the RTE, mark finally landed a solid snap, with dan catching some good pan fish to top the esky up! yakka's were definatly the bait of the day, followed by quality squid, and pilles only atracting the kindergarten. back at the ramp by 8.30pm. whilst no massive fished landed, it was an awesome trip out, cant wait to do it again!!!!

fisheries were waiting at the ramp, and went through us with a fine toothed comb,
was good to see them there, just wish the coppers were on the water to book the gooses ancored in the harbour with no lights on

cheers to lippa, dan and mark for a sweet trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daryl

-spiro-
03-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I saw that traffic jamb on the highway as i was going to work. You wern't the only boat stuck in it. There some nice red throats in there.

Dean1
03-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Good to see lads. Dammed if i could land a legal size redthroat last week out there! The long haul up paid off with a gr8 feed ;) Bout time lippa got that shiny black boat out to the banks! In for a stonker winter i say :D

lido76
03-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Great feed fellas keep up the good work. Great lippers and good snapps. CHEERS BRENDAN

skipalong
03-05-2008, 02:58 PM
nice fish fellas

jimbo59
03-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Good catch boys...jim

lippa
04-05-2008, 01:37 PM
that traffic on the highway was painful, we got diverted through roys road, top speed 5km/h!
had a great run out which sorta made up for it.
you might as well keep that cat parked up deano, and just come with me from now on!
love the RTE, dont fight real hard (they seem to give up after a copule of short runs) but jeez there yummy!
heading out again tommorrow, in marks 640 ht mclay, hope we can have repeat!