PDA

View Full Version : Fishin Off Caloundra and Moololaba

loophole
03-05-2008, 09:18 AM
hows it going guys. Dont know if this is the right place to put this thread but im just wondering if anyone has been out and fished off Caloundra and Moololaba recently i was thinking of going there sunday.

Any Wrecks,Becons,Reefs that are within around about 5km from land where you can catch your normal reef fish?

cheers guys.

cptpott
03-05-2008, 09:44 AM
G'day Loophole,
Barry McDade's website, http://www.scofs.com.au/ has a section in it under fishing info called 'reefs' where he has a simple map and the GPS marks for all the main reefs & shoals off Mooloolaba & Caloundra.
Sunday & Monday look excellent days for a fish, I hope to get up that way myself.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Craig

lido76
03-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Loophoole, I have fished off cal and mba a few times recently I have found the better fishing to be a bit further out. In saying this they do catch good fish on currimundi reef but I think you really need to know where you are going as I have not raised a scale from this area. Mate I head out to the cal 12mile i my 4.4m side console and haven't missed in my 5 trips out there have caught maori cod to 5kg sweetlip to 4kg truck loads of parrot a few squire, moses perch, hussar and scorpion cod so the variety is plentiful. Its about a 30-50 min run SE of Mba depending on conditions and boat (How big is your rig).Just pick your days and you can go anywhere in any boat provided the big fella says its Ok. Also don't head down that way if blowing over say 13k from the north on your return trip as its a long and uncomfortable trip home punching into the weather in a small boat. CHEERS MATE BRENDAN
PS don't do any trip that your not comfortable with if your happy to stay 5ks or so from land I'm sure you will find fish with a little persaverance good luck mate. Also make sure your safety gear is up to date as the fisheries have been pretty hot up there lately.

loophole
03-05-2008, 01:07 PM
lido76 and cptpott thanks guys.

Yeah lido im coming from the same suburb as you. dads got 5.3m bowrider which weve been 30km of the goldy in 3m seas, foreccast for sunday looks good with about 8-12knts. caloundra 12 mile is an option we were looking at if you have got a general mark for it could u pm me with it. I just want to know im in the general area.

chinga
05-05-2008, 08:18 PM
hey loophole.. a mate and i sat out on murphys reef oo fri night. couldnt believe the action.. its only 5 or 6 klms out and if you make sure you stay consistent with the berley trail you should come home with a feed. good luck mate.. chinga