PDA

View Full Version : Northern 29's misfire....

revs57
02-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Headed to the Northern 29's with Brent, Dave and Swano for what promised to be a great day on the water and that it was, but the fish just didn't want to play. neither plastic nor bait would fire them up.

Swano nailed a 4 kgish Snapp early, and apart from Brent chipping in with a late pearlie that was about it. From all accounts the radio chatter would suggest it was a slow day for everyone.

Hope it fires up for the Moreton Bay Trailer boat club fishing comp this weekend.

Cheers

Rhys

seapup
02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Rhys,
I was thinking of going wide today for Reefies but chased Pelagics instead! Glad I didnt head wide after reading your report..
Cheers,
Benny.

revs57
02-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Yeah Benny, it was disappointing fish wise, but a cracker day to be out

How did you go?

Cheers

Rhys

indy
02-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Pity about the fish rhys would have been nice just to have been bobing around out there though. Conditions must have been good? They looked good from the 20th level in side the concrete jungle today the flag on top of a building didn't move much all day.

cheers pete...

rakinray
02-05-2008, 05:46 PM
G/ day Rhys sorry to hear the fish didnt play the game mate hope, they fire up tommorrow im heading up to tempest wide heres hoping ;) What was the current like where you were ? Was there any bait at the nothern grounds ?

CHEERS RAY. :D

Outsider1
02-05-2008, 05:56 PM
We were out there today as well, a little further south on the 29s and 33s. Much the same result. 4 small squire and one nice (but lonely) pearlie. Lovely conditions though.

Cheers

Dave

Alchemy
02-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Take advantage of any periods of calm weather Rhys. Our window of good weather has closed up here as quickly as it opened. God only knows when it will come good again?

Regards,
Dave.

seapup
02-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Yeah Benny, it was disappointing fish wise, but a cracker day to be out

How did you go?

Cheers

Rhys

Yes Rhys the weather was epic offshore today! Got a Spaniard and a few smaller Macs which were a bit of fun! Waiting for the weather to cool a bit before heading wider with the plastics in search of fat reefies!

Fixation
02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey Rhys,

No good mate. I'm consoling with you. I was looking at the wind readings this morning thinking it might be a good day for it.
Sounds like our trip last saturday. Raised 2 big sweeties busted up twice then nothing after that. Dunno what was going on.
You gotta have a few miss fires now and again. Thats what makes the good trips really good!

Catch ya soon mate
Craig.

backlash08
02-05-2008, 10:38 PM
oh well Rhys - cant have it good all the time, at least you're out there!
cheers
Craig

lippa
02-05-2008, 11:45 PM
if its any consolation rhys, the banks fired this arvo!

scoota
03-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Found the fishing very fickle last saturday morning off the Cape as well but nailed them in the afternoon early evening thursday. Might be the go ATM if you can get the weather!

Scoota....