PDA

View Full Version : Houseboat help

Sharkie
02-05-2008, 11:54 AM
G'day guys

A few mates and I are looking at hiring a houseboat for a week around Oct/Nov with Coomera Houseboat Holidays. Was just wondering if anyone had hired a boat of these guys or anyone else for that matter. And if anyone has any websites of other houseboat rental companies that would be tops to.
We are looking for a boat with 4-5 double beds as we have all couples going, the most suitable i have found so far from Coomera Houseboats is Kea Lea and Jessica Leigh.

Also any info/advice on what we should/shouldn't do in regards to boating courtesy and safety and maybe some nice anchor spots.

Any help would be much appreciated :D

Cheers
Paul

station-rat
02-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I have used Fantasy-A-float at Sanctuary Cove a few times, and had a great time
Just go with the flow and have a good time
Station-rat

Sharkie
02-05-2008, 01:14 PM
I have used Fantasy-A-float at Sanctuary Cove a few times, and had a great time
Just go with the flow and have a good time
Station-rat

Do you know if they have a website address mate?

Cheers

boatboy50
02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Hey,

I personally have had Kea-Lea for a week many years ago.

Had a ball, and couldn't ask for better service or presentation from Coomera Houseboat Holidays. Great company to deal with.

Take a small boat with you so you can fish/ski/cruise and use the boat as a base camp. Just tow it along behind and tie it up alongside at night.

I took a 5 metre Seafarer and didn't find it too hard to handle, even without many other "boaties" on board.

Spend the first night at the jetty or in the north arm of the Coomera, and then spend the rest of the time up around Tipplers, The Pin, Slipping Sands ect.

You will have a ball. Come to think of it, I think i'm due for another trip like that!

Regards

Darren

station-rat
02-05-2008, 01:23 PM
www.fantaseashouseboats.com.au (http://www.fantaseashouseboats.com.au)

Sharkie
02-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey,

I personally have had Kea-Lea for a week many years ago.

Had a ball, and couldn't ask for better service or presentation from Coomera Houseboat Holidays. Great company to deal with.

Take a small boat with you so you can fish/ski/cruise and use the boat as a base camp. Just tow it along behind and tie it up alongside at night.

I took a 5 metre Seafarer and didn't find it too hard to handle, even without many other "boaties" on board.

Spend the first night at the jetty or in the north arm of the Coomera, and then spend the rest of the time up around Tipplers, The Pin, Slipping Sands ect.

You will have a ball. Come to think of it, I think i'm due for another trip like that!

Regards

Darren

My mate has a 5 mtr fibreglass half cabin, will the houseboat pull that along ok, because as we all know they don't move to fast lol. Otherwise we were just gonna hire the outboard for the tender mainly to grab bait (pump yabbies and cast netting) and incase we run out of food/beer and so on :P

boatboy50
02-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Hey,

No problems with pulling it.

Just remember you have to look after the second boat 24/7 while you are out there. Not a problem for me, but others may find it too much hassle.

The ability to take the kids/women tubing, or taking an early morning fishing trip on the pin is well worth it to me.

Regards

Darren

Sharkie
02-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Did you catch many fish/crabs off the houseboat itself? With any luck we might catch the illusive bully that we've been trying to catch all year without any luck thus far hehe

Cheers
Paul

BGG
02-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Sharkie
I've done a lot of boating in that area and if you can manage it, take the half cabin. You may get lucky fishing off the houseboat but remember you won't be anchoring the houseboat at night in top fishing spots. You will be looking to anchor for the night in a nice protected spot which usually won't be the ideal fishing spot.
With a power boat at your disposal, you can easily get to good fishing ground in a hurry. And if you run out of supplies, it's a much quicker run at 30knots than it is at 4 or 5.

Sharkie
05-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Sharkie
I've done a lot of boating in that area and if you can manage it, take the half cabin. You may get lucky fishing off the houseboat but remember you won't be anchoring the houseboat at night in top fishing spots. You will be looking to anchor for the night in a nice protected spot which usually won't be the ideal fishing spot.
With a power boat at your disposal, you can easily get to good fishing ground in a hurry. And if you run out of supplies, it's a much quicker run at 30knots than it is at 4 or 5.

Cheers mate. I think i've pretty much conned my mate into bringing his boat along 8-) so we'll have to see how we go i guess

Sharkie
06-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Would it be worth trolling some hard bodied lures or Sp's while moving from spot to spot in the houseboat. Was just an idea that popped into my head as i've never really done any trolling before :-/

Also just wondering how you guys went for space with regards to food. As we will have 8-10 ppl on board i was thinking maybe we will need an esky with some dry ice to keep the meat and so on.

Oh and Boatboy50, do u remember how many eskies were on board?

Cheers
Paul

station-rat
06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Food goes in the fridge and the beer goes in the esky. Have you been down to have a look at the houseboat when it is back in dock?
Station-rat

Sharkie
07-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Food goes in the fridge and the beer goes in the esky. Have you been down to have a look at the houseboat when it is back in dock?
Station-rat

Yeh i know that mate, i just cant see food for 10 ppl to last a week all fitting in the fridge/freezer.

No i haven't been down for a look yet, but hopefully i will be able to get down there soon