PDA

View Full Version : Moreton Bay Rental House?

Bear001
02-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Hi All,

Am treking up to Moreton Bay, bringing the tinny - hoping to base ourselves down the southern side of bay around Wello/Cleveland.

Does anyone know of some AFFORDABLE accom in that area, with room for a 14ft tinny?

There is only 2 or 3 of us coming - no kids, no pets. Just eager freshwater fisho's itching to get in the salt;D ;D ;D

Keechie
02-05-2008, 08:07 AM
there os places on moreton island if thats what you mean???

regards,
keechie

mik01
02-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Hi All,

Am treking up to Moreton Bay, bringing the tinny - hoping to base ourselves down the southern side of bay around Wello/Cleveland.

Does anyone know of some AFFORDABLE accom in that area, with room for a 14ft tinny?

There is only 2 or 3 of us coming - no kids, no pets. Just eager freshwater fisho's itching to get in the salt;D ;D ;D

depends on what you call affordable really...

you could look to get away from it a bit more and stay on Russel or macleay islands - plenty of holiday house accom there.
the ferry is a little pricey but shared among a few its no problem.

these places have plenty of yards and some front the water with a boat ramp (ramp only suitable for a smaller boat).
my uncle has one such place which may be available for rent - pm me if you're interested and let me know the dates.

edit - sorry, his holiday house is on Russel island

cheers,
Mick

SASSYJNR
02-05-2008, 02:22 PM
very cheap to stay at the redland bay motel, right next to the pub and boat ramps and close to all the soutern islands, great fishing

reddybayfisher
02-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Redland Bay Motel - gone - demolished....could pitch a tent there now though....

reel scream
02-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Have a look in the sunday mail in the accom section. Usually something there. We got married over there and got most of our guests accom from there.

Cheers Scott.

Blackened
02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
G'day

How about coochiemudlo?

Plenty of holiday accom. there, reef to mangrove fishing at your doorstep

Dave

Bear001
02-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions - will follow them all up over the weekend when I get a chance.
We originally were going to stay over at Amity Point, but are worried that if it blows up we cant get protected spot out in the tinny over there. So thought if we stayed on the mainland it would leave us more options. Have a 4.1m Quintrex Hornet Trophy - so need to be sensible.

Please keep your suggestions/recommendations coming.

John West
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
[quote=Bear001;812975]Hi All,

A

Can't help you out with accom but could provide you with somewhere to park your tinny I live 5 mins from Wello boat ramp .send a PM for more info

tigermullet
02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
You could also try the Tourist park at Jacobs Well. They have well set up cabins but I don't know the cost. With a 14ft boat and if you are to arrive sometime in May you would be only minutes away from swarms of bream and tailor.

The guessing is that the bream will arrive shortly after the new moon on 5th May - they are not in yet but the bait fish and mullet are beginning to school up very nicely.

If last year is any guide we should be in for a bumper season.

The beaches are not so good on South Stradbroke at the moment with only a couple of reasonable gutters but they are providing tailer and bream right now.

Large jew should be available very soon near the bar on the northern side.

Hope you have fun wherever you end up.

Janelle
03-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Hi,

You can have a look on the Redlands Tourism site. http://www.redlandstourism.com/whereToStay.htm
You can phone them too and they can help if you tell them what you are looking for.

Bay Retreat Lodge Motel in Redland Bay is about 2 mins from the Redland Bay boat ramp and about 7 mins from the Vic Point ramp (if that). Walking distance to the shops and cafes and pub. Redland Bay is a really nice spot (but I am biased because I live here). You can also launch from Cleveland as it is not too far to drive.

I booked a friend into the Pacific Resort Motel in Cleveland. It is a longer walk to the Cleveland shops but about 5 mins from the Cleveland Ramp. He stays there each time he comes now. (It is handy because the charter he goes on launches at Cleveland and they pick him up on the way past).

Let me know when you are coming and we will let you know what is biting and where.

Cheers

Janelle

anthonyc
03-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I also know of a holiday house in Cabbage Tree Point thats water front but no boat ramp. Pretty much right next to the cabbo boat ramp though, and the house has its on beach where you could easily beach a boat of your size.

r3volt
07-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Just take a tent and set up on peel :) , its only the couple dollars now

AnthonyL
10-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Just put in the suburbs you are interested in staying at .........

http://www.realholidays.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=sf&snf=rbs&s=qld&t=hol

Bear001
12-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks to one & all for your kind offers & reply's.

We are heading up that way in August & have found a caravan park at Birkdale (Redlands Mobile Village) that seems to be able to cater for our boat parking & preference to be near the Wello boat ramp area (& within our budget)

Cant wait to head up that way for some red's.....will post a M&G when I have more definate dates to catch up for a fish & a cold one.

Cindy