PDA

View Full Version : Wide Cal Arvo Magic

scoota
01-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Who do you trust these days? The BOM or Seabreeze or even the wave rider bouys! The weather charts and a bit of common sense and you end up with an arfternoon of calm winds and comfy seas when we expected 2.5m swell and 15 knots?
Thanks to Andrew for a late call up today and how right you where for an arvo fish.
It was good to jig some livies on the way out for another option and the pearlies just smashed them and a pearly bag out was done and dusted before sundown.
The berly trail was set but being just off the mark meant it just didn't happen and no matter how hard we berlied, we just couldn't get other fish in the firing line so with little current and wind , Andrew used our anchor point as a pivot and drove around the pick and slow drifted around the anchor for some quality snapper, moses perch and silver jew.

Left the fish on the chew but with a great feed and the most fun I have had on the water for a long time even though dusting some cracker fish!

Happy Days.....

Scoota....

-spiro-
01-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Some nice lookig fish there mate i bet your happy with them.....

outsiderskip
02-05-2008, 05:47 AM
great looking fish
nice feed

pete

Orange_hains
02-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Nice nobby there how long where you out for ?

wadeo
02-05-2008, 07:08 AM
well done scoota mid week trips are awesome having the reef to yourself. looks like a great catch too.

regards wadeo

Sidewayz
02-05-2008, 09:25 AM
top knobby there mate...

Jackinthebox
02-05-2008, 10:46 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm some tasty jewies there mate.

I never look at those weather sites either.

So many guys put blind faith in bloody seabreeze, weather.com, bouyweather, etc, etc, etc ........ ya' just need to learn how to read the synoptic charts & make your own mind up.

Cheers,

Mick

PS: You'd better get a commercial oven to fit that snapper in!

lizard bribie
02-05-2008, 03:56 PM
GDAY SCOOTA LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD AGREAT SESSION MAKES UP FOR THE LAST TRIP HEADING OUT MONDAY BE IN TOUCH CHEERS lizard bribie

seapup
02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Some nice fish!!!

indy
02-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Nice fish scoota did you get the jew on livies as well and what sort of rig did you get it on

cheers pete....

skipalong
02-05-2008, 07:32 PM
some nice fish there guys

cptpott
02-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Good on Ya Scoota! What a great idea to use the pick as a pivot point.
Unfortunately I have to wait for the weekend for a fish with every other TD&H.
Hopefully the weather ( at long last ) shall behave & we'll catch, at least some, decent fish;)
Cheers
Craig

Nofishtoobig
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey Scoota,

Saw you guys last night at the ramp, Yeah certainly not conditions forcast, I ended parkin out off Brenans in motza conditions , i guess doing a solo overnighter i got impatient to wet aline as i came across the bay, no moon 40kt cruise was great, and came upwith a similar result although the knobby's aren't quiet there yet 3 keepers and a few throw backs, pearlies were thick as well but size was average and the the jew went just over 15kg, and as predicted when the sun came up the chew was gone. I put some floaters out for a big mack and got smashed 3 times , first on 40lb then 80lb and then on 200lb leader , changed to wire after that and not a touch, by7:30 i head out for a quich drift off flinders for a million underside empror so towed some divers and skirt out to 150m for a couple of 10kg stripey's and 3 missed strikes ? All and all great night and all over by 11am. Final tally 3 moses, 2 pearlies, 3 SqKnobs, jew, 2 grassies and 2 stipe tunas.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o293/Nofishtoobig/IMGP1341.jpg

scoota
03-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the replies and no worms in the Jewies if anyones interested.

Catch up with you on the weekend Mick...

Pete:- the jewies weren't fusy but big strips of mullet on the paternosta and the snapper on floating livies.

Nofishtobig:- mate youv'e done well on your own and a good feed there buddy. The kingies are everywhere around the cape ATM. Might be the culprits for your bust offs. They love livies;)

Scoota.....