PDA

View Full Version : Wide caloundra Amberjack

Tassie JR
01-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey we took my brother chris from mt isa out to wide caloundra on saturday and we was greeted with some great weather, We started pulling up the pearlys and squire and then started getting smashed by what we thought was a mack truck doing donuts underneath us;) . after about 10 mack trucks passing though chris finally got one up to relise it was only a amberjack, but the mack trucks still learked around because we continued to get busted off all morning. After the boat was half a tonne lighter from all the gear we lost we gave up and came home, and started to price deck winches for the mack trucks;D . headed back out yesterday (Wednesday) for a run with intentions for the banks, but by the time we got to murphies, it was blowing about 25 knots so we came back into inner gneerings, to atleast try and get a feed, but guess what the mack trucks were back8-) only to find it was a yellow tail kingy, We also got a few parrot and a reef cod.

cheers tassie JR

scoota
01-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Kingies and AJ's everywhere at the moment to stretch the arms Tassie JR.

Great fun:D

Scoota...

backlash08
01-05-2008, 11:30 PM
looks like a heap of fun, they do go well, what size is the fisher and what size are the engines if you dont mind me asking?
cheers
Craig

mirage
02-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Nice fish there, looks like a couple of fun trips.

Orange_hains
02-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Nice size fish, What are Jacks like to eat ?

Tassie JR
02-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah scoota we lost some massive fish at wide caloundra, if we got anchored up we would had got some great snapper, but couldnt get the anchore to hold, we was still happy with the fish we got tho.

Hey clee she is only a little one, it is 5.0 meter to where the f is on fisher 500 then there is still 700 back from that so it is really a 5.7, the moters are twin 60's.

Hey mirage cant wait for sunday, planning on the banks or maybe the hards depending on the weather.

Hey orange hains, i recon there pretty good eating.

cheers tassie JR

skipalong
02-05-2008, 07:52 PM
excellent work mate