PDA

View Full Version : Flatty tails

firecat150hp
01-05-2008, 07:48 PM
As its taken a while for this to get a responce I thought I'd slip a quick sure fire way to get Kids to eat fish.

Steves Flatty Tails

Basically its's a 1-2 kilo catch of boneless flatty tails.
A packet of "Tandico" chicken seasoning mix.
An egg and a little milk for an eggwash.
Deep frying equipment of choise.

Simply soak tails in an eggwash. Tip contents of "Tandico" mix into a large "zip lock" bag.
Drop a few fatty tails into the bag and "shake shake shake".
Remove when coated to a paper towel covered plate and repeat the "shake shake shake" until all your tails are coated.

Deep fry until golden brown.
Serve with chips and salad.
Even as a cold snack the Flatty Tails taste great.

I prefere the chicken coating to "tandico s" "Seafood" coating (My choosing, others may differ in opinion).
Give it a crack and get the Kids involved in the preparation.
Ours luv it and they are 21,22,23and 33 years old.

This can also be handy for any boneless strips of sweet tasting white fish strips; or even the delectible "Squid Rings"

Regards Steve

Aunty Jack
22-05-2008, 08:03 AM
in not so sure on the tandico [never herd of it]
but woth a look at .
but for me the flatty tails are the bees nees with a bit o flower

Noelm
22-05-2008, 11:10 AM
we get Flathead tails at our Local Fishmarket quite cheap when the Trawlers are getting a lot, you can buy a bag of Tails for about $5, bit of a dust in Flour, some hot Oil and your done, For the amount you get, you would need to catch way over your bag limit to get so many tails.

reelchippy
23-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Good one cheers

pog mo hoin
26-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Soak em in sweet soy (kejup manis) and honey for about an hr, then roll them in flour, then back to the soy mix and the flour, repeat a couple of times. Great on the BBQ with a squeeze of Lime juice over them when they are done.