PDA

View Full Version : Tinarooooo Pilgrimage

NAGG
01-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi all you Ausfishers & fellow I.B.D suffers

Well its only 1 week till I jet up to Cairns to make my pilgrimage to the home of I.B.D - Lake Tinarooooo :2vrolijk_08: …… The casting hand is shaking already & I’m waking of a night ( god , I’m hopeless):rolleyes:
Tinaroo has been an ambition of mine since I first saw an episode of Wildfish that Peter Morse did some 12 years ago ! ... I’ve never quite managed to get there for one reason or another …… & its even more difficult when your crew wont let you drive past Lake Awoonga any more!:whip:
:dankk2: A big thank you goes out to Barraboss ( Matt) for his awesome hospitality , which will allow this pilgrimage to take place ….. For me , nothing could be better than fishing the place with a well credentialed local …… It should be a blast!
The 168 hour countdown will commence shortly:hammer:

Now time to double / triple check all the gear! ..... what to take & what to leave behind :undecided:

Wish me luck

:beer:
Nagg

BR65
01-05-2008, 11:56 AM
luck

got the boney breams up-graded and packed??
cheers
brian

NAGG
01-05-2008, 12:24 PM
luck

got the boney breams up-graded and packed??
cheers
brian

Brian ..... You should see the ffffffers that I've got dangling off the back of my boneys :P 26021 ..... The black one ( better than a good reef pick;D )

Chris

BR65
01-05-2008, 12:34 PM
dont get that bugger lodged in ya mate, it'll be surgery time for sure.
Matt better make sure he has a decent hat on lol
plenty of pics of ramp and stuff if you can Chris, would love to do a Faust/Tinaroo run, just hook up the tinny and choof off for a few weeks, looking for some back ground on the nuts and bolts of it all,.

Mak579
01-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Brian ..... You should see the ffffffers that I've got dangling off the back of my boneys :P 26021 ..... The black one

Chris

Last year a mate upgraded with decoys, turned to me and said "These hooks are that sticky, a barra will only have to sneeze near the lure and it'll be hooked!"

All the best for the trip,

Matt C

Barraboss
01-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Chris,

I have just ordered my safety goggles and helmet. Just don't get over excited if the barra start to boof and forget where my boof head is!!!!!

Don't be too worried about upgrading the Boneys (unless upgrading size on belly hook), they have stood up to the test on some big fish with the OWNER hooks straight out of the packet....Use them on EVERYTHING else though, as with all dams, hooks can be another weak link (still possible regardless though of upgrades).

The weather is improving but has been chilly up here some nights (for Cairns that is). I think it got down to 22 degrees hahaha

I am still in awe of some of the fish being produced of late down south (Ben/crew and Steve) and up her (Andrew), so let's hope they find your lure and make it too the boat for ahappy snap!!!!!

Don't worry I will use my video camera before you arrive so as not to jinx the boat:)

Cheers
Matt

Whitto
01-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Brian ..... You should see the ffffffers that I've got dangling off the back of my boneys :P 26021 ..... The black one

Chris Chris wake up to yourself, how do u expect to catch anything with those trebbles, They have too be connected to a lure, Its no good throwing them out like that, Gees even Whitey know that, You blokes south of the border fair dinkum;D, Mate enjoy your trip I know u will love Tinaroo, Just to give u a sweetner Chris I first went to Tinaroo when I was 15yo's the DPI (DPT Primary Industries) were stocking Barra into Tinaroo Im now 60yo's I know your a smart cookie there has to be 130+ Barra and god only knows how heavy, Have a ball and look forward to your report complete with foto's, Cheers Whitto PS I more sleep before M&G Monduran, will have a beer for u around the Campfire:D

NAGG
01-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I've kept my mouth reasonably shut for the last couple of weeks ....... but last night it hit me ( woke up at 2am ..... & clock watched! ..... f...in I.B.D) ..... & the thought of Tinaroo got to me ( buzzzzzz )

Whitto ...... i've been assured that the Decoys will take all ( regardless if they are attached to a lure or not:P ;) ) ...... I used them in March on the stiffy ( very sticky & strong8-) ..... 4 barbs better than 3 with greater distribution of pressure .... IMHO)
Whitey ..... gets so excited that he'll throw a lure out that's bent at right angles::)
If I wasn't doing the Tinaroo trip ...... I would have come up for the M&G ( with out a doubt!)

Cheers

Chris

NAGG
01-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Chris,

I have just ordered my safety goggles and helmet. Just don't get over excited if the barra start to boof and forget where my boof head is!!!!!

Don't be too worried about upgrading the Boneys (unless upgrading size on belly hook), they have stood up to the test on some big fish with the OWNER hooks straight out of the packet....Use them on EVERYTHING else though, as with all dams, hooks can be another weak link (still possible regardless though of upgrades).

The weather is improving but has been chilly up here some nights (for Cairns that is). I think it got down to 22 degrees hahaha

I am still in awe of some of the fish being produced of late down south (Ben/crew and Steve) and up her (Andrew), so let's hope they find your lure and make it too the boat for ahappy snap!!!!!

Don't worry I will use my video camera before you arrive so as not to jinx the boat:)

Cheers
Matt

Matt ..... I'm currently lying on the lounge in a sleeping bag ...... Its that cold down here ( should be a good trout run this winter )

Yeh .... Goggles is a bit far ...... but a helmet is a prerequisite;D ..... I'm getting better though:-[

I'll be throwing a salute as I fly over Mondy & Awoonga ...... Yeee haaa

Please get the Jinx out of the Video camera before you go :( ;D ....... I find a little dance with rod ( fishing) in hand ..... with a couple of lures works a treat ( I think the Catholic Church calls it an exorcism)

Cheers

Chris

NAGG
01-05-2008, 06:59 PM
dont get that bugger lodged in ya mate, it'll be surgery time for sure.
Matt better make sure he has a decent hat on lol
plenty of pics of ramp and stuff if you can Chris, would love to do a Faust/Tinaroo run, just hook up the tinny and choof off for a few weeks, looking for some back ground on the nuts and bolts of it all,.

Brian ..... I'll be like a kid in a lolly shop! ..... plenty of pics for sure ( hopefully some fish too:P )
I'd really love to organise a IBD Ausfish tour sometime in 2009 ( Mondy - Tinaroo) ....... wouldn't that be a blast!

Chris

TinarooTriumph
02-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Good luck to ya NAGG for when ya come up. It is a wet, cold, windy shit day today and when you get these days they are usually followed by a couple of others... sometimes even weeks! Was on the water very early this morning and it was quite cold... I don't smoke but I was tempted to buy a pack of Winnies and keep myself warm! Again, as per usual, 'footies' were about all I could manage but you gotta say to yourself they could just aswell be metre plus models. Matt knows his stuff and is plenty smart so your in very good hands. Might see ya out there.

Theo

NAGG
02-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Good luck to ya NAGG for when ya come up. It is a wet, cold, windy shit day today and when you get these days they are usually followed by a couple of others... sometimes even weeks! Was on the water very early this morning and it was quite cold... I don't smoke but I was tempted to buy a pack of Winnies and keep myself warm! Again, as per usual, 'footies' were about all I could manage but you gotta say to yourself they could just aswell be metre plus models. Matt knows his stuff and is plenty smart so your in very good hands. Might see ya out there.

Theo

Thanks Theo ....... It will be good to say G'Day!
We'll be getting to Tinaroo on Friday morning & checking out Monday afternoon! ..... so hopefully we can catch up

Chris

the_matrix
02-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Good luck Chris, your in good hands. Matt will do his best to find you fish.
Matt offers sound advice mate, using hooks other than owner STN's is fraught with danger.
Be wary of those decoys mate, more isnt always better.
Dont fix it if it aint broke I reckon, 120cm+ kegs coming out of timber on super locked up drags is a proving ground not to be overlooked.
You'll have a blast on a mythical impoundment that every Barra angler should see.
Good luck!
Jas

NAGG
02-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Good luck Chris, your in good hands. Matt will do his best to find you fish.
Matt offers sound advice mate, using hooks other than owner STN's is fraught with danger.
Be wary of those decoys mate, more isnt always better.
Dont fix it if it aint broke I reckon, 120cm+ kegs coming out of timber on super locked up drags is a proving ground not to be overlooked.
You'll have a blast on a mythical impoundment that every Barra angler should see.
Good luck!
Jas

Thanks Jas

Should be a great trip!

Chris

PS ..... I know owners are a great hook ( I use them) ! ...... but have you had issues with the Decoys ?

eotbmg
02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey Nagg
Good luck mate, hope the barra gods are a smiling on you and Matt.

Brian
Can i ride shotgun on the journey, please, please, pretty please

Seriously sounds like its going to be a blast Chris, make sure your arms are sore and stretched on your return!!!!!
Ben

the_matrix
02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
PS ..... I know owners are a great hook ( I use them) ! ...... but have you had issues with the Decoys ?
Owners are better than a great hook, they are the benchmark. It hurts to say that because they are so bloody expensive!

Have I had drama's with Decoy? No I most certainly havent......because I have held them in my hand and know through experience that I would not risk or use them.

Your call mate, its funny a lure gets built with big arse impoundment barra the target and species it was designed and tested to catch, its wired from one end to the other with all the tow points wired together so even if a tow point or ringlet seperates it still holds together, and the best hooks on the market get put on it, and then you go and put other hooks on it?? ;D

Whats doin there mate?:D
Jas

TinarooTriumph
02-05-2008, 08:41 PM
NAGG,

Lets look away from the strength of the hook for a moment... we know that Owner's are a pretty dam safe option in that regard. They are friggin SHARP straight out of the box and they retain their sharpness session after session. Im still yet to have to sharpen one to tell you the truth. 6X VMC's are ones I believed in sometime back... cheaper, fairly strong but I found myself constantly sharpening them with filestones left right and centre. For me, having an ultra-rediculous sharp hook is just as important as strength.

Have tried Decoys and don't mind them, but the other reason why I like Owner's with my Hardbody lures is that tiny more weight in em' to ever so slightly suspend the Lure's (to your preference anyway... size pending).

Just a short info bite... I don't know what Matt thinks of this because I have probably done a hell of a lot more night fishing on the Dam then he has, but fish that are caught during the day up here are bloody crazy... they are masters at driving you into snags and leaving you with nothing. At night, they are a piece of piss to land... they really are - almost like big chunks of concrete that like to jump occasionally! This leads back to alot of things... you don't fish real heavy structure up here and 30lb Braid is more then enough, but during daylight hours you really want to have everything bulked on your side because when that 50+lb'er hits ya, he'll have the advantage... trust me! If Matt takes you to his 'Gully', then you'll see my point of view. Make sure you spend plenty of time with your knots, pulling them till your hands bleed and tesing different angles... your Lure's are rigged to the limit... then you can focus on what makes the biggest part of the equation at Tinaroo and thats chucking Lure's and making em' work!

Again, best of luck. Weather was much nicer this afternoon... quite flat but still collllllllllllllddddddd.

Theo

NAGG
02-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Owners are better than a great hook, they are the benchmark. It hurts to say that because they are so bloody expensive!

Have I had drama's with Decoy? No I most certainly havent......because I have held them in my hand and know through experience that I would not risk or use them.

Your call mate, its funny a lure gets built with big arse impoundment barra the target and species it was designed and tested to catch, its wired from one end to the other with all the tow points wired together so even if a tow point or ringlet seperates it still holds together, and the best hooks on the market get put on it, and then you go and put other hooks on it?? ;D

Whats doin there mate?:D
Jas

Fiddler on the roof ;D
Honestly ..... I wanted to change the Stiffy to a slow sinker !

Changing over the rear hook to a 1/0 Decoy ..26100.. gave it a sink rate of approx 5cm / Sec ....... which sinks evenly
my thought was to have a lure which could be thrown into bankside structure ..... allowed to slow sink down the face ...... before being twitched!
I love the boney bream ( the other name would sound .... a bit , howya goin?;D ) .... & I felt it was the perfect platform!
so I tinkered ..... & managed a fish at Monduran26101 & one at Awoonga ........ during only very short sessions!

So thats it ..... just some tinkering

Chris

rc@hinze
02-05-2008, 09:03 PM
All the best with your trip Nagg. Great invite you got be on the dam up there with a local. After driving north with a boat in tow normally, you will be in shock to get onto a dam up north so quickly.

Hey Theo, you might think it is cold up there but you havent been to Penrith where Naggs lives! Chris, you might have to swap the blue columbia for some blue singlets mate. Look forward to the report and photos. -
Cheers Richard

NAGG
02-05-2008, 09:24 PM
All the best with your trip Nagg. Great invite you got be on the dam up there with a local. After driving north with a boat in tow normally, you will be in shock to get onto a dam up north so quickly.

Hey Theo, you might think it is cold up there but you havent been to Penrith where Naggs lives! Chris, you might have to swap the blue columbia for some blue singlets mate. Look forward to the report and photos. -
Cheers Richard

Yeh Richard ..... i'm hearing that they are getting down to a chilly 22 Deg C::)
I'm heading out on Botany bay in the morning ...... our maximum will be 20 Deg :(
I'm hoping that I can put a report together that includes fish ! ...... If not ( I'll find an excuse;) )

NAGG
02-05-2008, 09:30 PM

Cheers Richard

Yeh Richard ..... i'm hearing that they are getting down to a chilly 22 Deg C::)
I'm heading out on Botany bay in the morning ...... our maximum will be 20 Deg :(
I'm hoping that I can put a Tinaroo report together that includes fish ! ...... If not ( I'll find an excuse;) )
This will be different ..... not towing a boat for several thousand Kms ....... That comes later in the year:P

Oh well ...... I'm looking forward to the trip .... that is for sure!

Nagg

Simmo2
02-05-2008, 09:32 PM
I have finally, covertly affixed my gps tracking device and ip cameras to the underside of Matts boat, so I will watch remotely of your exploits in Tinaroo Nagg!! ;)
Have a great trip mate, with Theo around too, you could not be in better hands up here.
Looking forward to the reports.

NAGG
02-05-2008, 09:43 PM
I have finally, covertly affixed my gps tracking device and ip cameras to the underside of Matts boat, so I will watch remotely of your exploits in Tinaroo Nagg!! ;)
Have a great trip mate, with Theo around too, you could not be in better hands up here.
Looking forward to the reports.

Save a copy for me ! ;)

NAGG
02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey Nagg
Good luck mate, hope the barra gods are a smiling on you and Matt.

Brian
Can i ride shotgun on the journey, please, please, pretty please

Seriously sounds like its going to be a blast Chris, make sure your arms are sore and stretched on your return!!!!!
Ben

Thanks Ben ....... My mummy says I've been a good boy this year! ( SO I DESERVE A BIG MUMMA!!!!!)

seriously though ...... This is going to be a real buzz 8-)

Chris

wheezer
02-05-2008, 09:50 PM
hi NAGG, Matt told me you were coming up next weekend, i'm sure at some stage i'll meet up with you both...as Theo said it is cold up here, southerly change kciked in wednesday. was up there yesterday for a morning sesh, it was freezing!! intend to fish it again either sunday or monday unfortunately looking at the forecast there will be no respite until at least late in the week...today was a shocker, rain this morning and blustery cold southerly blowing

agree with Jas, stick to owners for the best combo of 'stickiness' and outright strength, my hookup and landing percentage has improved out of sight since using them...just today i was fishing with a mate in the russell river chasing barra in their native environment, my mate hooked up to a fish off a nice laydown snag on an x-rap (3X VMC's stock) end result after a short and brutal encounter was a bunch of straightened trebles....considering it ended up to be the only barra hooked for the day it was very dissappointing and i'm sure if he had of been using owners the end result may have been very different

anyway hope you get some sleep between now and then looking forward to catching up with you on the dam and maybe afterwards for a few beverages...

Wahoo
02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Good luck Nagg, hope you nail a few

Daz

NAGG
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
hi NAGG, Matt told me you were coming up next weekend, i'm sure at some stage i'll meet up with you both...as Theo said it is cold up here, southerly change kciked in wednesday. was up there yesterday for a morning sesh, it was freezing!! intend to fish it again either sunday or monday unfortunately looking at the forecast there will be no respite until at least late in the week...today was a shocker, rain this morning and blustery cold southerly blowing

agree with Jas, stick to owners for the best combo of 'stickiness' and outright strength, my hookup and landing percentage has improved out of sight since using them...just today i was fishing with a mate in the russell river chasing barra in their native environment, my mate hooked up to a fish off a nice laydown snag on an x-rap (3X VMC's stock) end result after a short and brutal encounter was a bunch of straightened trebles....considering it ended up to be the only barra hooked for the day it was very dissappointing and i'm sure if he had of been using owners the end result may have been very different

anyway hope you get some sleep between now and then looking forward to catching up with you on the dam and maybe afterwards for a few beverages...

Thanks Wheezer

Mate its always good to catch up with a fellow Ausfisher ...... & barra enthusiast!
As mentioned .... i'm a Owner fan ( but am also trying these Decoys ..... so far so good ... & a mate is having good results with them on the Kingies)
So you thinkin that I should bring up a long sleeve shirt;)

See you in a week8-)

Chris

NAGG
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Good luck Nagg, hope you nail a few

Daz

Thanks Daz

..... one will do! ..... about 130.5cm;)

Chris

BR65
02-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks Daz

..... one will do! ..... about 130.5cm;)

Chris

ahhh, just livin the dream.;)
certainly fishin the right dam mate

BR65
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
time for ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, off to Mondy early tomorrow, got some serious fishing to do to try and keep up with the boys from this week
cheers
brian

Obi _ Wan
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
G'Day Chris,
Firstly let me say good luck on the trip, hope you get a big MUMMA, After reading all the recent posts on the big MUMMA'S coming out of Monduran i am starting to shake like you would not believe, me thinks another trip is on the cards for me pretty soon, shame i could not make the M&G at Mondy this weekend maybe next time.

NOW ON HOOKS, Jas is 110% correct, owner ST66 are the hooks to use and are indeed the benchmark.
In saying that, i must say i saw the Decoy hooks for the first time at Faust last year, one of the locals is using them. While talking to him he said that the hooks would pierce bone, (look out) and were as strong as the owners! Now i'm not sure about that but i and others would say that by using a QUAD TREBLE you are making it easier for the fish to throw the hooks. Most people say that a single hook has far better holding power that even the standard trebles and they say you should be using single hooks, or two single hooks! Since i have changed to using Owner ST66 trebles i have not had a problem although i have heard that some chaps have had them bent out of shape with a big girl on the end.
Mate, in the end it's your call but i would hate to hear you lost a 130cm MUMMA because a set of hooks folded up on you.

I hope you get good weather and have a brilliant time up there mate, i'm so bloody jealous, your idea of an IBD TOUR sounds good to me.

Cheers,
John.

NAGG
03-05-2008, 06:19 AM
G'Day Chris,
Firstly let me say good luck on the trip, hope you get a big MUMMA, After reading all the recent posts on the big MUMMA'S coming out of Monduran i am starting to shake like you would not believe, me thinks another trip is on the cards for me pretty soon, shame i could not make the M&G at Mondy this weekend maybe next time.

NOW ON HOOKS, Jas is 110% correct, owner ST66 are the hooks to use and are indeed the benchmark.
In saying that, i must say i saw the Decoy hooks for the first time at Faust last year, one of the locals is using them. While talking to him he said that the hooks would pierce bone, (look out) and were as strong as the owners! Now i'm not sure about that but i and others would say that by using a QUAD TREBLE you are making it easier for the fish to throw the hooks. Most people say that a single hook has far better holding power that even the standard trebles and they say you should be using single hooks, or two single hooks! Since i have changed to using Owner ST66 trebles i have not had a problem although i have heard that some chaps have had them bent out of shape with a big girl on the end.
Mate, in the end it's your call but i would hate to hear you lost a 130cm MUMMA because a set of hooks folded up on you.

I hope you get good weather and have a brilliant time up there mate, i'm so bloody jealous, your idea of an IBD TOUR sounds good to me.

Cheers,
John.

Thanks John

Since Whitey is still late ! ... i'll reply
Hooks ...... As mentioned Owners are what I use! ( Decoys an extented trial! ..... & they will pierce bone!) .... But ..... you are right about loosing a mumma due to a set of hooks!

Now ..... The I.B.D tour does sound good ... doesn't it
Being that i'll be in Brisbane later this year ...... I'll be even keener to organise something!8-)
I'll put up a post ..... to get some ideas

Cheers

Chris

PS .... Whitey is still not here::)

the_matrix
03-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Nagg,
No worries mate there is certainly no reason why you cant use other hooks, your choice 100%. I was digging deeper to find your motivation.
There is no other fish that swims that has the same destructive jaw pressure and is as hard on terminals than Barra, that includes billfish, the razor gang.
Fine gauge hooks have a place for barra fishing no doubt, but on a long haul from Sydney to a dam thats known to hold the countries biggest barra I'd be leaving nothing to chance. Maybe I am paranoid;D

Im sure you have weighed up the positives and negatives, have a good one up there, its an awesome dam in unique surrounds.
Cheers
Jas

Barraboss
03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Simmo,

I was wondering what all those wires and gizmos were attached to my boat....:)

All I can say is the pressure is now on to get some fish in a dam that has been a tough fishery to get consistent results of late. Regardless, each cast could be the one, and I will be having a sticky up there Sunday/Monday to have a look at an area I have not fished for awhile, and hopefully come up trumphs...

Theo, I do agree about the day barra up here. You know I love hearing, and then seeing the barra hit my lures and then go berzerk!!!!! But there will be night fishing in a couple of spots on this trip, as we will make the most of Nagg's time up here. After all, he's not coming up to only hear the stories, but make ones of his own :)

Cheers
Matt

NAGG
03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Simmo,

I was wondering what all those wires and gizmos were attached to my boat....:)

All I can say is the pressure is now on to get some fish in a dam that has been a tough fishery to get consistent results of late. Regardless, each cast could be the one, and I will be having a sticky up there Sunday/Monday to have a look at an area I have not fished for awhile, and hopefully come up trumphs...

Theo, I do agree about the day barra up here. You know I love hearing, and then seeing the barra hit my lures and then go berzerk!!!!! But there will be night fishing in a couple of spots on this trip, as we will make the most of Nagg's time up here. After all, he's not coming up to only hear the stories, but make ones of his own :)

Cheers
Matt

Thanks for the Reconnoiter Matt ...... Just remember ... No hooks so you don't sting em !;D

Steve B
04-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Chris, As you may remember, I was trialling the Decoys, I cant remember whether I got back to you about them, Anyway, I have taken them off the trial lures, gone back to OWNERS. I couldn't seem to hold a hookup. I was losing fish in the first 5 sec.....I dont know why....not penetrating...they ARE very sharp??..they weren't straightening...so i cant pinpoint a problem, probably just me. They look like they should be awesome...but I just couldn' hold a fish.

I wouldn't risk it mate. Your a bloke who likes the best quality in anything fishing....OWNER is it. Stick with them.

cheers Steve

FNQCairns
04-05-2008, 09:23 AM
BB keep an eye on this bloke I hear he is a closet kill n grill, when returned to ramp a quick darker areas search of his quick release placcie backpack should be sufficient:):)

Good luck nagg, gods country the edges of that lake.

cheers fnq

NAGG
04-05-2008, 09:44 AM
BB keep an eye on this bloke I hear he is a closet kill n grill, when returned to ramp a quick darker areas search of his quick release placcie backpack should be sufficient:):)

Good luck nagg, gods country the edges of that lake.

cheers fnq

ohhh .... not fair:(

I've been for a quick drive up the Athertons in between fishing the Russel Mulgrave rivers .... & PNG ......... just awesome

Nagg

NAGG
06-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Just another 55 hours till I jump on the big bird & head North :2vrolijk_08:

Not that I'm counting;)

Nagg

NAGG
06-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Chris, As you may remember, I was trialling the Decoys, I cant remember whether I got back to you about them, Anyway, I have taken them off the trial lures, gone back to OWNERS. I couldn't seem to hold a hookup. I was losing fish in the first 5 sec.....I dont know why....not penetrating...they ARE very sharp??..they weren't straightening...so i cant pinpoint a problem, probably just me. They look like they should be awesome...but I just couldn' hold a fish.

I wouldn't risk it mate. Your a bloke who likes the best quality in anything fishing....OWNER is it. Stick with them.

cheers Steve

I had an Owner retrofit session last night with my lures ........ so that part is taken care of!8-)

Nagg

NAGG
07-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Well Ausfishers ...... Tomorrow its off to Cairns for 4 days of chasing barra at Tinaroo :P
Hopefully some good results will be had! ..... I'm sure Matt ( Barraboss) will help with my IBD;)

Cheers

Nagg

Tonite will be a sleepless one ...... I'm guessing

Simmo2
07-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I've just emailed and SMS'd the ski club...
If they see a little yellow boat with two big fellas chuckin stuff at the weeds....
Its a ski bouy, they have to ski at it...closest wins....;)
Good luck mate, cant wait for the reports AND PIX!
Wish I could get up there for an hour or two.

NAGG
07-05-2008, 10:57 PM
I've just emailed and SMS'd the ski club...
If they see a little yellow boat with two big fellas chuckin stuff at the weeds....
Its a ski bouy, they have to ski at it...closest wins....;)
Good luck mate, cant wait for the reports AND PIX!
Wish I could get up there for an hour or two.

Tah Simmo ....... but with lures flying left right & centre , It would be a pretty dangerous area to be in;D

Nagg

Whitto
07-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Well Ausfishers ...... Tomorrow its off to Cairns for 4 days of chasing barra at Tinaroo :P
Hopefully some good results will be had! ..... I'm sure Matt ( Barraboss) will help with my IBD;)

Cheers

Nagg

Tonite will be a sleepless one ...... I'm guessing

Have a great trip Chris, We wait with baited breath for your report and fotos, You Lucky Lucky Ba.ta.d, Cheers Whitto

NAGG
07-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Have a great trip Chris, We wait with baited breath for your report and fotos, You Lucky Lucky Ba.ta.d, Cheers Whitto

Thanks Whitto ...... I'm buzzzzin!

hopefully I'll have something to write about

Chris

Barraboss
08-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Chris you are starting to sound like a kid at a candy store!!!!!! Wish the fish were sitting in the window sometimes though :)

We will give it a real good crack and hopefully come up trumphs!

All looking good from this end, the dam still has water in it, therefore holding fish........................SOMEWHERE!!!!!

Catch ya

Matt

NAGG
08-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Chris you are starting to sound like a kid at a candy store!!!!!! Wish the fish were sitting in the window sometimes though :)

We will give it a real good crack and hopefully come up trumphs!

All looking good from this end, the dam still has water in it, therefore holding fish........................SOMEWHERE!!!!!

Catch ya

Matt

Kid in a Candy store alright!

Matt ..... I have faith in you + we should have enough time to give it a real good shot

I call you just before I'm boarding!
other than that .... See you tonight!

Chris