PDA

View Full Version : Trailer electric connectors - Where from ?

datamile
30-04-2008, 07:29 PM
In classic school boy homework excuse, the damn dog choose today to chew the electrical connector off my trailer, and mangle the electrics.

It was a 7 pin round into a flat seven small pin.

Can someone confirm that this is the wire colours ?

1. yellow, left flasher
2. black, reverse or auxillary power
3. white, earth
4. green, right flasher
5. blue, electric brakes/service brakes
6. red, brake lights
7. brown, park/tail lights (On a round 7 pin, its the centre pin)

I have two sets of wires with a set going down each side) , each of 5 ( yellow,white, green, red, brown ), and then these were joined in colour pairs and wired into the 7 pin round.

Can tell me where I can get a naked 7 pin flat connector ( bunning, bcf , boat yard ) - Brissy south side, so I can get it back up running for the weekend.

Roughasguts
30-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Get that 7 pin from super cheap, or Kmart or older servo's

datamile
30-04-2008, 07:49 PM
OK, so they sell the bare connectors as well as the convertors. Looks like late night shopping for me tomorrow at kmart vicky point

Roughasguts
30-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Repco if on your travels will have them also. They might even be cheaper than S/C I bought some re-settable 20 Amp circuit breakers there last weekend when wiring my electric brakes up. And they were cheaper at Repco by a mile.

bayfisher
30-04-2008, 08:23 PM
The colours are correct. You can buy one from just about anywhere but expect to pay 15 odd dollars from supacheap. Active fabrication at beenleigh has them for about $3 each.

Cheers Chris

datamile
30-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks everyone. lets hope the damm dog didn't much more of cable otherwise it'll be cable replacement as well.

bayfisher
30-04-2008, 08:26 PM
oh i forgot to mention just because that is the correct way to wire doesn't mean all trailers are wired like that. Many times i have seen yellow and green reversed and brown and red reversed. Also sometimes black is used instead of brown.... Just to confuse you a little further :)