PDA

View Full Version : New Lewis Typhoon And Ripper Fish-97cm knobbie, 8,5kg Sweetie

flickflack
30-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi All

Its been a long time since I have posted anything on Ausfish. Dramas with the pc, wife just about ready to give birth to first little fisho, work and the new boat have all kept me fairly busy.

I finally got my new boat its a Lewis Typhoon and gives me a dual purpose rig that I can fish offshore with as well as harras the Breambos in the Tournaments. I thought I would stick A few pics up of the boat and some of its first captures. Unfortunately the better pics have to be saved for the mags(dont want to upset the editors). The boat seems pretty lucky I have only had it for a month now and it has already accounted for a 97cm Knobbie, a 13kg jew, and a 8,5kg Painted sweetlip all on plastics. The Jewie we got while doing a show for the fishin trip the boys were pretty stoked. If you see me tearing up and down the waterways come over and say gday

Cheers Rod

flickflack
30-04-2008, 10:36 AM
The boat doing 90km's an hour on the Tweed. The Big Suzuki is great on the fuel and the extra punch helps heaps on the Bar.

flickflack
30-04-2008, 10:39 AM
A nice kingie caught while filming the show. Jason got a good knobbie too and got done by a few more

flickflack
30-04-2008, 10:43 AM
97cm knobbie caught on a Loomis pro blue, 35lb braid and 40lb leader. Cant stop the big ones on the light gear too much rock.

flickflack
30-04-2008, 10:45 AM
8.5kg Sweetie, they go hard and dust you up on the rocks pretty quick

TimD
30-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Rod your new boat looks awesome,Good to see some quality fish coming aboard...The fish in the 3rd picture is actually a spangled emperor not a painted sweetlip ;)

cheers tim :)

Spot82
30-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Some very nice fish there, well done!

Gazza.Boyne
30-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Rod, Some nice fish caught on soft plastics there.

Gazza

matt fraser
30-04-2008, 01:29 PM
The boat looks great Roderick and those fish are awesome! Well done! Now I know what has been smoking me out there!:)

Matt

Pistol_P
30-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Quality all round there.8-)

Pete

flickflack
30-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Matt

There have been some big knobs and Sweeties out there but they find the reef every time on the lighter stuff, I spent a fair bit of time looking around on Friday when the swell was up, (couldnt get back through the bar until she started to run in) and found some good ground that the sweeties seem to be holding on. Gotta love that side imaging on the Hummingbird!Next time you are down give us a hoy and if the little one isnt playing up too much we can go for a run. I got the boat up to 40knots coming back over the top of the chop last week. Almost as much fun to drive as it is fishing.

Cheers Rod

leelee
30-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Nice work there Rod. Some awsome fish you have caught so far.

We saw you flying up and down the Tweed on Sunday and it looks like a well suited boat for your needs.

Was speaking to Nathan earlier on during the week and he told me about you guys getting dusted by some XOS fish:o . Nice work:D

Cheers

Lee

P.S The boat looks awsome on the water.

Leighton
30-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Great looking boat mate, there are not many Tournament style boats that are able to handle a bit of chop.
Did you buy the boat as a package, or as a hull and add the lecky and motor of your choice?

jtpython
30-04-2008, 06:36 PM
MAte they are some great pics and looks like your rigs suits you to the tee well
JT

skipalong
30-04-2008, 07:13 PM
awesome trial run

flickflack
30-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Captain Stabin

I bought the boat on the trailor from lewis boats in Sidney and then added the sounders, motor and electric at Tweed Coast. The electric is on a quick release bracket so when I go offshore I unplug it and take it off. The bow mount sounder has an extension cable tha I can un plug when I take the lekky off. We left it on the boat on Monday because we wanted to come and chase some bream and trevs after the offshore fishing in the river.
Had a good look around for a long time before deciding that this hull would be able to do both aspects of fishing as good as one could expect without compromising too much either way. Funny thing is though I actually bought it as a bream boat but have done four trips offshore and only one in the river so far. THe lure of the red bream is too great!!.

Rod

seapup
30-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Some nice quality fish there Rod well done!
Cheers,
Benny.

Silent
30-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Welcome back Rod, Nice rig! & ripper fish!
Congrat's for your new fishing buddy

matt fraser
30-04-2008, 11:16 PM
No worries Rod, The Tweed is an awesome area with a boat like yours, you can head out early and hit those reefs and then come back at fish the river when the wind gets up.

Got a 12 -15kg Longtail out there last sunday!

Cheers

Matt

aussiefool
01-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Well done as always Rod, the new rig looks all the goods.
Hope all goes well with the arrival of bubs and say hi to the bride from us.
Aussiefool
Andrew

breamnut
01-05-2008, 08:54 AM
8.5kg Sweetie, they go hard and dust you up on the rocks pretty quick
not that one you only gave it like 2m of line:P

flickflack
01-05-2008, 09:10 AM
matt

Thats a good fish for the Tweed mate would have stretched the arms a bit.

Andrew

Thanks for that mate will let the missus know,its any time now. The boat is already getting a bit of dust on it. Will have to try and sneak another one maybe tomorrow morning,Maybe!!

Rod

JEWIENEWIE
01-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Mate, i reckon you'll push her over the 40kn mark if your missus goes into labour while you are offshore. Goodluck and enjoy, the fishing,the boat and the baby.
Jewie.

Az
01-05-2008, 03:07 PM
jealous!! you sure know how to find them!!

kingtin
01-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Great to see you back Rod, and congrats on a nice looking rig. I've parted company with both mine and gone the same way as you with a 519 stacer nomad. I camp a lot at the Hacienda, so perhaps I'll bump into you on the Tweed one day..........not literally ;D

kev

Horse
01-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Nice to have you back on board Rod. I don't know if I would be able to say G'day if I see you out there. My poor old rig would take 1/2 hour to catch up to your next stop

flickflack
02-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Kev

Hi there mate, just let me know when you are down this end of the world

Horse

No worries mate, I will slow down if I go past someone in a tinnie waving;D

Rod

kingtin
02-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Kev

Hi there mate, just let me know when you are down this end of the world

Will do Rod.