PDA

View Full Version : sunny coast lock up

supa29
29-04-2008, 11:09 PM
i have been tossing with an idea that has come about from passing all the boaties traveling up the highway from brisbane to fish out of mooloolaba. i was wondering how many boaties would consider leaving their boats in a secure lock up on the coast to save the travel up and back. It could offer a fuel up and bait supply and offer a covered or uncovered areas. I have been asking people and the responce has been interesting but i thought i would put it out there for the brissy boaties on aus fish. hope to hear all ideas for this hypothecical business.

-spiro-
29-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Now i wish my yard was bigger think of the cash i could make..lol. It's a good idea but i'd say the overheads would be to high for the run of the mill boaty. I know some blokes that travel from the southside, it must cost a fortune even before the boats in the water.

Yolo2007
30-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Personally I like to have my boat at home. That way, if I get a few moments during the week or on a blowy weekend I can do a bit of maintenance or just sit in it and pretend that I'm on the high sea's catching a bag full. The idea is a sound one if a person already stores there boat remotely, but it's not for me.

While we are discussing boaties travelling from Brissy to the sunny coast, what Brissy boaties would utilise a car lovers style car wash that was boat friendly on the way back to brissy?

Yolo

kitty_cat
30-04-2008, 08:24 AM
ill book now ,how much and when can i drop my boat off,
seriously i would be very interested at the right price of course
wayne

jimbo59
30-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Now i wish my yard was bigger think of the cash i could make..lol. It's a good idea but i'd say the overheads would be to high for the run of the mill boaty. I know some blokes that travel from the southside, it must cost a fortune even before the boats in the water.
Not if ya own a troopy spiro mine only used 45 buck round trip from loganlea;)

jimbo59
30-04-2008, 08:56 AM
ill book now ,how much and when can i drop my boat off,
seriously i would be very interested at the right price of course
wayne
Ahhmm you can leave it at my house wayne but fit those new suzuki's first;)

Frank OO
30-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi Supa,

I normally park my boat in the Marina when I come up for the weekend but It would be great to be able to leave my trailer in a secure Lock-up for the Friday, saturday nights.

Frank OO

Snapp
30-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Good idea,
over the last 7 years I've been dragging my boat over from Toowoomba.
I used to stay for a week or two, and leave at Yacht club, but 4 yrs ago was told no more, as I was not a member ( i did pay for storage though).
I have tried to find short term storage, but none.
Now I just come, fish and Fu#$% off.

Dean1
30-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Gee Kel do you think your missus is gonna be ok with you putting all these boats in your front yard :-/ What extras do you get? Perhaps a free spit & polish?? ;D You might have to employ bretto to manouvre them all around coz youll be too buzy sittin in em all thinkin your fishin :D

supa29
30-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Gee Kel do you think your missus is gonna be ok with you putting all these boats in your front yard :-/ What extras do you get? Perhaps a free spit & polish?? ;D You might have to employ bretto to manouvre them all around coz youll be too buzy sittin in em all thinkin your fishin :D

hey deano i could offer a bikini girl to wash it when you drop it back or a old boiler to clean your fish. Seriously i have got a contact that sells very cheap bait and have also looked into the electronic cable that links the boats together. But with my rotty i dont think anyone will ever get near them. I have looked into the area and a suitable location that could offer cheap enough rent to keep the cost down for all. The only problem is cost everything else is easy but keep the ideas coming guys :)

skipalong
30-04-2008, 07:02 PM
i like to look at my boat

nufin_flash
01-05-2008, 09:14 PM
guys not sure if your already aware but there already is a boat storage place in mooloolaba next to the life guards, not sure of the costing or what the full story is , but if you want more info pm me or msg here and i'll go past and see if they have a phone number posted there