PDA

View Full Version : what should i buy overseas

Benny01
29-04-2008, 10:49 PM
i am going overseas in the next couple of months and was wondering if it is worth stocking up on stuff because it works out cheaper. I am going to holland, germany, italy greece. does anyone know if stuff is cheap over there

Blackened
30-04-2008, 05:22 AM
G'day

how about a princess?

Dave

TimiBoy
30-04-2008, 06:16 AM
2 litres of grog!

But apart from that, I'll be watching this too, as I'm off to Germany for Christmas.

What's the bet it will be the best trolling season in Brissy for years, and I'll be away from it for a month, in the snow, getting smashed with my wife's relatives, because that's just what they do?

NAGG
30-04-2008, 10:22 AM
i am going overseas in the next couple of months and was wondering if it is worth stocking up on stuff because it works out cheaper. I am going to holland, germany, italy greece. does anyone know if stuff is cheap over there

I might be wrong .... but from what I have heard , fishing tackle is generally not cheap in Europe!
You could probably get some cheap gear in Amsterdam:dizzy: ...... but I don't think they'll let you bring it back into OZ;)

Nagg

kingtin
30-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Dunno about Germany but the UK tackle is bloody expensive compared to here. Coarse fishing rods make cracking bream rods but.

kev

jacobvz
30-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Euro is expensive, dollar is cheap. GST is high in Holland and stuff is usually expensive there.

Order from the states, Hong Kong or other asian countries if you really want to save money.

jacobvz
30-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Oh yeah......

Enjoy your holiday

Jack

Rodman
30-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Mate you should buy what you need when over there especially items that are not normally stocked in Aussie

Ken

Tetsuo
01-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Any stopovers??? If you fly JAL you can get a day in Japan.

I just got back from Hawai'i, it is completely void of ANY quality tackle. Very dissapointing. I did get a 6-14lb tierra rod for $58 ( I gave it to one of the guides).

Just keep an eye out for cool stuff you cant get here