PDA

View Full Version : Help- Skeg , props and rudders needed for a Mariner 31 shaft drive

cormorant
29-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Mate needs Skegs , rudders , shafts, and props for a Mariner 31. If anyone knows the whereabouts of of a Mariner 31 being wrecked or where the original moulds for the bronze can be sourced from it would be very much appreciated rather than having to build them from scratch ur use the bent ones as a template.

The boat has bounced against the rocky shore and bent and broken the lot.

It is a 1982 to 1985 model running twin 165 volvo turbos shafts.

Any help appreciated to source these parts- pm me if you like.

thanks

Corm.

Blackened
29-04-2008, 03:22 PM
G'day

Good luck... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Is it worth a stern drive conversion?

Dave

jimbo59
29-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Everything there can be repaired , there are people around who can fix that sort of thing .The closest i can offer is underwater gear off a 26 foot mariner that ran 318's.Would be a bit light on in shaft size i think. pm me if you want to go further. cheers...jim

cormorant
29-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Jim I'll pass that on. Any chance if I gave you some measurements that you could check them for me as if of a similar era they may have used the same skegs etc and just bushed them for a thinner shaft if at all. Thanks for the reply and I'll hope soemone here will speak up if they know if the 26 and the 31 ran the same gear??

Corm

Hi Dave

Much easier to engineer back the way it was originally designed as motors are mid mount and transom would require lots of work.

Thanks

cormorant
30-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Bump

Anyone else ??

cormorant
01-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Bump

Anyone else ??

Last bump

Anyone else that can help source parts??

BM
01-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Hi Cormorant,

Just spoke to the site owner of the other site and in contact as we speak with Carl (have pm'd).

One of the boys from f'net (who is obviously on f'raider) pm'd me about it yesterday.

Cheers

cormorant
01-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Good , Hope someone can find something for him or recomend someone to do the labor.

Did it as a favour for a F'raider as I hear how remote he was. Only heard the full story about the boat off the mooring and on the rocks today.

Fibre cog on the Merc- sometimes I leave bits out they just have to find out by asking- makes them actually visit a decent mechanic. Crap set up on those for repair but every brand has had oil injection failures.

BM
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Except Yamaha. No known "no flow" failures with the Yams. They only leak through the rear seal and cause the engine to smoke on startup.

Cheers