PDA

View Full Version : Yeppoon on sat 26th

Flex
28-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Went out to Keppell Island on sat for a fish. weather was 5knot winds, flat as a tack.

Travelled all around keppel and north keppel,conical rocks etc(with about 100,000 other boats)

And didn't see 1 single bird working,didn;t see any bait fish,didn't even see 1 school of mackerel,tuna feeding anywhere. It was like the place was dead.All I caught was the usual smallish cod and fusiliers.

Anyone head out that way and notice the same thing? or did anyone catch anything around keppel on the weekend?

We found 1 massive school of fusilier hanging around a rocky headland, in about 12m of water, tried all sorts of tactics in the hope something bigger was maybe feeding on em or underneath em... but didn;t see anything having a go at em.

I can only put it down to is maybe the nor/west winds had an effect..

That or im totally blind and lost all my talent..

Anyone catch anything decent around Keppell over the weekend?

mangomick
28-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Went out to Rock Cod shoals out from Gladstone on Anzac day. Had to work hard for 22 fish between wife and myself. Bagged out on Tuskies,couple of red throat and few spanish flag.
Big (about 9 to 10 ft tiger) hanging around did his best to keep fish life timid.
Northwesters didnt get up to late arvo but slight SW blowing most of the morning.
Couple of serious bust ups on livies

blindwalrus
28-04-2008, 02:04 PM
We fished around the Keppels also on Sat. Boat traffic was unbelievable.

We managed a couple of trout and half a dozen grassies. We also lost some big fish on livies.

Flex
28-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Sounds like I wasn't in the right place..:(

jtpython
28-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Mate i went the 2 days friday and the saturday and done extremly well but we were a fair way from keppel thou
Plus had a great put in and out of the harbour but always good run when ya leave the harbour at midnight always some car parks left lol
Magic weather
I give up worring wether or not it's blowing WSW or SW or NW every time a new theory comes out something blow's it out of the water . Be there right time right place
JT

grahams
29-04-2008, 10:42 AM
When the water goes clear and cool you will often do better chasing some dirtier water or staying close to the coast.
Places like Pelican and Divided will fish as well as the Keppels in winter.
Other choice is to head a long way north or east.
We went up the coast on Saturday and there was enough around to keep us happy.

frank the tank
29-04-2008, 06:51 PM
its the westerlys , never get nothin on them up in yeppoon , fished there for 15 years never produced any good numbers a a westerly... plus a million boats wont help

lunchcutter
06-05-2008, 04:12 PM
yeah went out on the fri and sat caught 8 good size trout smallest 52 biggest 85 cm around near conical rocks great 2 days

ifishcq1
06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
When the water goes clear and cool you will often do better chasing some dirtier water or staying close to the coast.
Places like Pelican and Divided will fish as well as the Keppels in winter.
Other choice is to head a long way north or east.
We went up the coast on Saturday and there was enough around to keep us happy.

word has it that the parkies missed out at divide and pelican on the weekend