PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove this stain?

Bilopete
27-04-2008, 12:24 PM
This stain is inside the boat underneath the outboard mount. I have tried removing it with domestic cleaner and aluminium cleaner but with no success.

Can anybody suggest an alternative product or "home remady" to do the job?

Cheers

Bilopete

Bilopete
27-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Anyone...anyone?

Outsider1
27-04-2008, 01:15 PM
This stain is inside the boat underneath the outboard mount. I have tried removing it with domestic cleaner and aluminium cleaner but with no success.

Can anybody suggest an alternative product or "home remady" to do the job?

Cheers

Bilopete

Hi Bilopete.

need a bit more info to be able to offer any suggestions. Fibreglass or Alloy boat? Description of stain eg rust type?.

Cheers

Dave

dnej
27-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Any photos of the stain?

toymod
27-04-2008, 01:44 PM
If its in the well behind the motor and your boat is made of fiber glass. I found degreser worked well. Hope this helps

Bilopete
27-04-2008, 03:17 PM
I keep trying to attach photos but its not working.

Its a aluminium boat. The stain looks like rust / oxidised liquid directly underneath the tiller control of the outboard on the inside of the boat. Could possibly fuel, oil or a compund used to spray the motor - based on its location.

Dean1
27-04-2008, 04:14 PM
I keep trying to attach photos but its not working.

Its a aluminium boat. The stain looks like rust / oxidised liquid directly underneath the tiller control of the outboard on the inside of the boat. Could possibly fuel, oil or a compund used to spray the motor - based on its location. Mate i use gumption paste on all that sorta stuff. Its got like an abrasive in it, like a cutter. Worth a try, every man should have some ;) Supercheap should have it.

Bilopete
27-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Mate i use gumption paste on all that sorta stuff. Its got like an abrasive in it, like a cutter. Worth a try, every man should have some ;) Supercheap should have it.

I just tried gumption and it worked a treat! Extra special thanks for your suggestion!

Cheers

Bilopete

Dean1
27-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I just tried gumption and it worked a treat! Extra special thanks for your suggestion!

Cheers

Bilopete 2 easy im glad it worked and i could be of help. I use it on cars motorbikes boats heaps of stuff, a tub lasts for ages too ;)

dnej
27-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I mean...... Gumption is only common sense,after all( LOL)
Oh boy
David