PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter at the Banks

Yolo2007
27-04-2008, 11:37 AM
During the week Nobites and I were getting a little excited at the prediction indicated by seabreeze, so we got ourselves all pumped up for an over-nighter out at the northen banks. When Friday finally arrived the observation from the cape was ok but double island was showing a different story. We held off until 3pm and decided to bite the bullet and call the conditions once out there.

We arrived at our spot at 5pm and started to bring in a good mixed bag straight away. The swell was up and the wind was stiff but not unbearable. Fish went off the bite at around 8.30pm so we went to sleep until one of the floater rigs started singing at around 2am. After some considerable effort and a lot of bitching about sore arms and back I managed to bring a 6ft bronze whaler along side. With out much debate we cut the line and went back to our racks for some more sleep.

The fish where up early the next morning and nobites was up with them bringing a couple of keepers into the boat. Me on the other hand was still enjoying view of the back of my eye lids.

Finished up at 11.30am and headed back to Maloolabah. The DPI were on the job and happy that we could give them some fish to look at and measure.

Final count
Snaps/Squire = 10 (We had one for breakfast)
Perl pearch = 1
Tusk fish = 3
Gold spot wrasse = 1
Moses pearch = 3
Husser = 1
Cod = 1

Enough to get some fish on the tables of friends and family.

Dean1
27-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi you must have been the one light i could see north of us. Very few boats at the banks, different story sat morn. Good feed, Dean.

skulldrag
27-04-2008, 12:48 PM
What a great bag of fish caught, keep the great post coming YOLO

Nobites
27-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Yolo
Thanks for a great trip.
Geared up for the next one :P

Nobites

Fishbait
27-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Great catch fellas - nice report!

skipalong
27-04-2008, 07:57 PM
great bag of fish mate

bustastu
27-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Great mixed bag. Looks like it was well worth the trip. I should of done the same.

BS.

gold boy
03-05-2008, 05:51 PM
good catch yolo i hope you did not get wet with your reel this time looking forward to see you on the swains this year cheers mate